USC dynasty?

well Hmmm... if USC claims 2 national championships because they won the Rose Bowl in 03 and the Orange Bowl last year... then why couldn't Texas say they have now won 2 straight? I mean, they won the Rose Bowl in 04 and then the National Championship game this year. Helloooooo?

USC couldn't have won the championship in 03 because they didn't *play* for the championship in 03. If Michigan had won that game, would they have been champs? Nope. Simply put, they agreed to play in that system and when it didn't turn out the way they wanted (same with Auburn last year) they had to just make a big fuss about it.

The BCS system produces perfect results... it does what its designed to do. Its just that those results aren't satisfactory to all of the rest of us a lot of times (me included, I think a team that doesnt win its conference shouldn't play for the championship).

the NCAA doesn't recognize ANY football national championships, and don't count them in a schools total.

from the links you use, they say "Since 1998, the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) has conducted a contest between it's two top-ranked teams to determine a national champion."

Thats all that matters right there. the AP is meaningless now.

you sound like someone who has been convinced by USC that they were winners

if USC claims 2 national championships

then why couldn't Texas say they have now won 2 straight

well, it wasnt so much USC claiming 2 time national championship, as the NCAA calling them Consensus National Champions. so they can keep the bowl games

their are 4 groups.

Retroactive Poll Champions 1869-1935

AP National Champions 1936-1949

Consensus National Champions 1950-1997(2003)

Bowl Championship Series 1998-now

to say that USC isnt Chapmpion would be wrong.

just because their are 2 chapions doesnt mean one isnt one(of the chapions).

to take away USC's chapionship is like taking away Michigan, Florida and Nebraska national chapionships. or taking away a chapionship from Michigan or Nebraska chapionship in 97 or Washington, Miami (Fla.) in 91 or Colorado, Georgia Techin 90

everything through 97 was different. there were 2 highly recognized polls. it wouldn't make sense to take away a championship from any of those teams. however, since 98, there is only 1 recognized champion, and everyone agreed to it. to turn around and say, "you know what, even though we agreed that only the BCS counts, the AP gave us the crown, so we're gonna say that they still count." you just can't do that.

Sorry USC is not a Dynasty... the last dynasty was the Huskers of 92-97... a 5 year span of playing for the national title 4 of 5 years and winning it 3 almost 4. If USC can play for it the next few years then yes, I will lump them in that select group.

Sorry USC is not a Dynasty... the last dynasty was the Huskers of 92-97... a 5 year span of playing for the national title 4 of 5 years and winning it 3 almost 4. If USC can play for it the next few years then yes, I will lump them in that select group.

Now that's what you call a dynasty. USC was close to a dynasty and can still achieve it depending on what they do in the next two or so years,