WLM Invite Beggers

I went to browse the Windows Beta forum today and all I could see was "Request invite to WLM.. please" all over the forum. I know there's a lot of people wanting them, but could they be deleted, closed or merged with the thread they're supposed to be posting in?

I don't want to sound like an ######, but it's really annoying. :rolleyes:

lol I personnaly am not giving any invites to anyone who hasn't contributed in some way to the community lol (Joined a while ago/has relatively alot of posts)

Whats Just so annoying is seeing all these one post people asking everyday.Joining Just so they can get an invite and then leaving there account dead...I only gave invites to people who also contribute in someway,would be cool if that section restricted people under 50 post or something. Just until Windows Live Messenger isnt in beta anymore.

I only gave invites to people who also contribute in someway,would be cool if that section restricted people under 50 post or something. Just until Windows Live Messenger isnt in beta anymore.

Nah that would be stupid. :)

Nah that would be stupid. :)

totally agreed. But i mean, i doubt half the people who want the WLM invites will actually use it and bug-report it to benefit the rest of us, and that's what really stinks.

:angry: What I find annoying, is some people who register just for the invite and then spam the forum until they get one. Like Requesting Invite hotmail@homtail.com blah blah and two posts later the same post. And also when people start new threads becuase they want an invitation it annoys me as well, becuase they think they are much more important than any other Neowin members which is not true. I think there should be some kind of mini-warning for these people because I can tell you, this is annoying a lot of valued neowin membes who register because they want to help the community and not use it to get an invite and then leave their account for years on end. I hope people see my point and I hope I have spoke for a lot of people lol. :rolleyes: :angry:

Can i have an invite too? Please baby please...

(j/k) :p What good would it do to give warning to people who only join just to get an invite? Me, personally got an invite but declined to join. I want my programs sold. Not buggy, not in alpha, not in beta. Perhaps a better option would be to make a subforum for Invites only of all kinds, gmail, live, yahoo 350 whatever. That way newbies can spam there all they want and people can give charity invites as they please.

Here's a different view....

I got an invite here (not from begging either), and after being here I like it enough to stay. You should look at this as a blessing. So what if some of the people never come back, but some will stay, you can be assured of that.

I happen to be an I.T. guy so I used to visit the site anyway but now I'm signed up and I'm a contributing member and I plan on staying.

:)

Thanks NEOWIN :)

Here's a different view....

I got an invite here (not from begging either), and after being here I like it enough to stay. You should look at this as a blessing. So what if some of the people never come back, but some will stay, you can be assured of that.

I happen to be an I.T. guy so I used to visit the site anyway but now I'm signed up and I'm a contributing member and I plan on staying.

:)

Thanks NEOWIN :)

The complaints are directed towards the type of member that we had recently, who had 18 posts, 16 of which were, "invitem e user@hotmail.com plsplsplspls". That was an annoying cleanup, I'll tell you. BTW, the "invitem e" was typed on purpose.

>< I agree it's really annoying, I came to make a thread about it but someone allready did.

Are you guy's going to do anything later on if they don't come back to use there spaming accont's becuase that's a lot of username's that could be used for new liget members? (Somehow?)

( I don't think that's possable with this forum software but oh well I can wish )

I have one thing to say:

this member - Unholy Moley!

Is starting to annoy me as they are very arrogant and annoying.

Funny. After reviewing ever post made by that member, I find nothing out of the ordinary. Are you sure you have the right member?

Edited by Joel

I agree. These WLM invite beggers are getting on my nerve. Most of them anywayz are new to the site and probably joined just to get a invite! You should give each of them (who are not using the invite thread) a warn!

I have to say it is pretty frustrating cleaning out my PM inbox regularly now because of the PMs for invites. Had to change my sig now to try and get people to stop PMing me. Seems to have worked so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All!

I have many invites just send me email and get this ....... amjadakmal@hotmail.com

Is this a joke or.........

This is why I never publically announced I was in the WLM beta or how many invites I have left. Too many leechers.

Also because of all of the beggers, it's caused me to give up reading the BETA section of Neowin and on the Newsgroups because it's starting to become useless spam.

It's a bit annoying when you know they're desperate to get something that isn't really all that spectacular. Doesn't make the content of the emails I'm reading any different...