Ashamed if your Child was gay?

Would you be ashamed if your child was gay?  

985 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be ashamed if your child was gay?

• Yes
    • No

i still thinks it's weird that no is winning...in the beginning God created Adam and Eve, he did not create Adam and Billy, so that they could become gay, i am not saying that gay people are stupid, i'm just saying that if i was a parent i would be ashamed.

You know what God created... absolutley nothing. A human being created God becuase he was scared of death and since his ego was so big he figured in order to cheat death he would create this magical place in the sky ontop of some clouds. If only if he or she was alive today to see what a crock of pooh they were.

Then, he\she decided to write some inspiration fairy tales to lure people into their cult. Religion is only a highly-populated cult full of people who are scared of death. How can you worship a God, who is supposed to teach morale and love to all men, but when it comes to someone who doesnt conform to one of his silly rules their automatically scrutinized.

To all the homophobic people who posted in here... I will pray to your God that all your Children and Children's Children are homosexuals.

Us Atheist don't believe in sin... we call them uh-oh's, or my personal favorite; "Ahh, ****, I guess I shouldn't have done that."

You know what God created... absolutley nothing. A human being created God becuase he was scared of death and since his ego was so big he figured in order to cheat death he would create this magical place in the sky ontop of some clouds. If only if he or she was alive today to see what a crock of pooh they were.

Then, he\she decided to write some inspiration fairy tales to lure people into their cult. Religion is only a highly-populated cult full of people who are scared of death. How can you worship a God, who is supposed to teach morale and love to all men, but when it comes to someone who doesnt conform to one of his silly rules their automatically scrutinized.

To all the homophobic people who posted in here... I will pray to your God that all your Children and Children's Children are homosexuals.

preach on corn on macabre!!!! (good band by the way, if we are thinking of the same one)

But Adam and Eve are mythological. Just like Zeus and Hera.

Genesis and the story of Eden isn't a historical account. It's a bedtime story meant to teach children not to give into ill temptations. Though the story is often tied to a larger religious agenda, as it suggests the ultimate punishment for eating from the tree of knowledge. Teaching children to live in blissful ignorance is hardly an enlightened persuit.

(i happen to think they represent tribes- so hey, maybe god did create adam and billy)

I believe he repented. Saying homosexuality is wrong in not judging ppl god already said you where not to lay with another man, so its just pointing out way has already been judged as a sin.

but then- i eat pork, when it's explicitly stated that we shouldn't.

That's one way of looking at it... your positivist position just means that you'd better be right when you die ;)

Us Atheist don't believe in sin... we call them uh-oh's, or my personal favorite; "Ahh, ****, I guess I shouldn't have done that."

athiests believe in the secularist notion of right and wrong.

satanists believe right and wrong are irrelevant.

I strongly believe that the purpose of life is being happy. If any of my kids is happy being gay then I would support him/her, I would feel ashamed if any of my kids are unhappy.

I strongly believe that the purpose of life is being happy. If any of my kids is happy being gay then I would support him/her, I would feel ashamed if any of my kids are unhappy.

well put. that should really be the prime objective of all parents.

god can suck my dick and burn in hell

yeah, you all think that what i say is crap, and that i'm just a loser, but i'm just here to stick up for the one that saved my life, jesus christ who died for the sins of the world on the cross, i do not hate gays and you shouldn't tell me that my God should go suck you know what and burn in hell

That's one way of looking at it... your positivist position just means that you'd better be right when you die ;)

If i'm wrong... First I would lay my pimp hand down on Jesus for not tapping that prositute (whatever her name was). On the downward spiral i would state; "It is better to regin in Hell, then to serve in heaven."

god does not exist, but in the unlikely even that god does exist we must still destroy god for being the ass hole they are. no gods no masters no slaves

Opening a whole new kettle of fish with that statement :laugh:

You choose to watch TV, you choose a girlfriend. You choose to eat banana, you choose to do sodomy.

It would be a wrong choice by my child. Thank God, my child will not be one.

And how are you going to enforce that if he is? By punching him? :)

Also, being gay isn't about "doing sodomy", but loving people of the same sex.

And as you can feel yourself, your love of girls was hardly a choice, since you can probably not even imagine loving guys.

yeah, you all think that what i say is crap, and that i'm just a loser, but i'm just here to stick up for the one that saved my life, jesus christ who died for the sins of the world on the cross, i do not hate gays and you shouldn't tell me that my God should go suck you know what and burn in hell

i don't think you are a loser.

god does not exist, but in the unlikely even that god does exist we must still destroy god for being the ass hole they are. no gods no masters no slaves

i've hated god, cursed him, called him (him not implying gender) names.

i've cursed my existence at times- and am still not at peace with god and probly never will be.

i don't understand life, and still cannot prevent myself from attempting to-

i understand your frustration whole-heartedly.

if i were god, things would definitely be different- but then that would most likely only serve to prove me wrong in the end.

i still don't believe my life is pre-determined, that he knows my every move. but maybe i'm wrong.

i also don't believe the only way to heaven is thru jesus, jesus and god are supposed to be one and the same (connection)- so how i see it, the only way to heaven is through god, and through god means life lived for others, through his teachings of caring for all.

Edited by Dark_INk

i've hated god, cursed him, called him (him not implying gender) names.

i've cursed my existence at times- and am still not at peace with god and probly never will be.

i don't understand life, and still cannot prevent myself from attempting to-

i understand your frustration whole-heartedly.

if i were god, things would definitely be different- but then that would most likely only serve to prove me wrong in the end.

Life was one of the galatical lottery games, Earth had the winning numbers and it's prize was Life. If I was Earth i would feel cheated.

i'm just here to stick up for the one that saved my life, jesus christ who died for the sins of the world on the cross, i do not hate gays and you shouldn't tell me that my God should go suck you know what and burn in hell

How did Jesus dying help us? I was never quite clear on that part of the story. I mean it sounds all well in good, "died for the sins of the world," but I'm not really sure what it's supposed to mean.

Maybe I'm just too cynical. Or maybe other people aren't cynical enough.