Ashamed if your Child was gay?

Would you be ashamed if your child was gay?  

985 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be ashamed if your child was gay?

• Yes
    • No

Does your ego blind you so much that you will be having to force your beliefs on your child? And that you would feel as a failure if you did not?

It's not about ego at all. If you do any kind of brief research on child development, there are proven strong links between live behaviour and choices and upbringing.

So that guy sleeping with another guy... he can do the same thing with a girl if im not mistaken. Why he's doing it with another guy n not a girl? Thats bcoz he has chosen a different kind of pleasure. He HAS chosen it. Why me as a parent will agree with this kind of choice?

Also I should say that this question is with a lot of parameters. Its like "r u ashamed if..... from a religous point of view?" or "r u ashamed if..... from a morality point of view?" or "r u ashamed if..... from a ur lifestyle point of view?" or "r u ashamed if..... from ur point of view?". But most of us god fearing peeps will have the tendency or the good habit of including moral values from our religion to our lifestyle. So peeps without hurting any member of this forum, please include in ur answer, from which point or view r u giving an answer.

It's not about ego at all. If you do any kind of brief research on child development, there are proven strong links between live behaviour and choices and upbringing.

There are also studies that show the Environment in which the child is brought up does not have any impact on if a child will be gay or not gay.

And lets remember there are Bisexual people who do make a choice if they want to be with a same sex partner or not. A small minority where there Environment could shape there feelings to a particular gender or individual.

Exactly. :yes:

Good Riddance.

If you can't handle, people sharing oppinions and beliefs, then just stay away ... Seriously.

Yes yes yes.

This actualy makes me laugh out loud. They sit here and preach "Accept me and all of me!" and than they don't accept other peoples views. If anyone is a biggot here, it is them.

No, naturally. I guess I could see the other point of view, but I know that people don't like things they don't understand. I know a lot of times that when you lie about your orientation, and it's obvious, you just make things worse for yourself. I came out in highschool, It was hard at first, but everything got a lot better when I wasn't trying to hide anything. Being gay doesn't change anything about me, I'd still be myself even if I wasn't gay, I just don't like c*nts. I like not having to worry about getting a girl pregnant. :D

This actualy makes me laugh out loud. They sit here and preach "Accept me and all of me!" and than they don't accept other peoples views. If anyone is a biggot here, it is them.

What about the enslavement of African's in America? I guess you think the slave masters were just voicing there opinions with there whips and slave ships?

please. :rolleyes:

The hell it is. It's always about the parents ego.

Parents believe they invest everything in their child, if the child doesn't turn out the way they believe he/she should, and doesn't reflect the same views or similar beliefs, their egos, pride will be hurt. Most of the time the child is a object which the parent manipulates to achieve their own goals, that, or the child is mildly ignored most of their life.

Yeah, homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, I can only think this many other animals that do it.

How many is that, like a thousand? And thats only ones caught in the act, and we all know homosexuals are pretty good at hiding their sexual orientation.

i don't know nor will i know until that actually happens to be honest. everyone says that they would feel this or they would feel that; i would do this in this situation etc.

sometimes you don't do the things that you think you will. tho i hope that i would be big enough to accept my child for whatever they happen to be.

oh and by the way have you ever noticed that people say "i don't have a problem with homosexuality as long as they keep it in the bedroom" (take sociology anyone?) - this is really weird because you never hear that about heterosexuality, because we have been brought up in a heterosexual world and that is the norm and even though heterosexuality is more "in your face" it is "normal" and thus we don't really pay attention to it.

but god forbid that homosexuals hold hands; when they do this they are "rubbing it in our faces" etc.

i hope that i would be fine with it, i'm straight, but i want to just leave it honest by saying i couldn't tell u exactly

I voted yes, because yes, it really would be a shame.

No, it wouldn't make me love him or her any less... And no, I wouldn't try to convince him or her otherwise beyond asking "are you sure?"... And no, I wouldn't hide it if my child's love life is up for discussion with someone.

But, I mean, what do you expect me to say? That I'd be thrilled if my kid turned out to be a homo? I'd much rather have a heterosexual kid, someone who I know will not be prosecuted all of their life for being gay, and someone who I know will give me some biological grandchildren.

What you are describing is called scaffolding. Essentially the parent provides guidence to a child on how to behave within a given societal structure. However, scaffolding cannot fully override genetic behaviours. For instance, a child with Autism Spectrum disorder, does not respond in the same way that the average child would. Thier perception and understanding of reality differs from ours.

This should not be taken as a voucher that homosexuality is a neurological disorder. It is not one. And, for those of you that might say that the DSM (Diagnostical and Statistical Manual), a psychiatric guide to disorders, says that it is a disorder, it has been removed since the third edition.

What about the enslavement of African's in America? I guess you think the slave masters were just voicing there opinions with there whips and slave ships?

please. :rolleyes:

Can someone educate me here as to how this is a relavant comparison?

Can someone educate me here as to how this is a relavant comparison?

Black people couldn't pick or change the colour of there skin, just how a gay person cannot change there sexual orientation.

I voted yes, because yes, it really would be a shame.

No, it wouldn't make me love him or her any less... And no, I wouldn't try to convince him or her otherwise beyond asking "are you sure?"... And no, I wouldn't hide it if my child's love life is up for discussion with someone.

But, I mean, what do you expect me to say? That I'd be thrilled if my kid turned out to be a homo? I'd much rather have a heterosexual kid, someone who I know will not be prosecuted all of their life for being gay, and someone who I know will give me some biological grandchildren.

Voted yes for exactly the same reason.

Black people couldn't pick or change the colour of there skin, just how a gay person cannot change there sexual orientation.

Sorry, I think you are just flat out wrong. This goes back to the last page, where I stated that I do not belive this is hereditary/genetic/whatever - it's a CHOICE. I choose to be attrated to women, they choose to be attracted to men.

Other than your personal convictions, do you have any proof whatsoever that you consciously chose to be attracted to women? Because there's been multiple studies that show that isn't the case. Here, if it's a conscious choice, then choose to be gay for a while. Choose to go to a gay bar or whatever and bring home the most manly stud you can and really go to town. Then I'll believe you.

Oh no tony, ure getting it wrong here. Gay people CAN change their sexual orientation. Get up and take a look around u. Dont just sit in front of ur computer and read wikipedia.

Sorry, I think you are just flat out wrong. This goes back to the last page, where I stated that I do not belive this is hereditary/genetic/whatever - it's a CHOICE. I choose to be attrated to women, they choose to be attracted to men.

Attraction is not a choice buddy... Now there are some idiots who try out gay experiences out of choice, "curioucity." For the record, if I found out my kid did that, I would knock the crap out of them. But some people are just biologically gay. You do not choose to be attracted to someone, it's instinct. What if you're a guy and you have a biological disorder that makes you attracted to male pheromones instead of female ones? You think that's not possible? Genetic errors are more common now than ever, with our preserved foods and radiation.

I just don't get why we have to be so accepting of it. I'm not saying gay people should be treated differently, but we don't all have to believe it's normal and ok.

Fact is that it's scientifically and biologically wrong. If it were normal, you would be able to reproduce through gay sex. You know that question "what is the meaning of life"? Well the answer is to reproduce. Every living creature's purpose on earth is to reproduce. That's scientific fact. Since you can't reproduce through gay sex, it's obviously not normal.

Also the a$$ hole is an exit hole!! It's made for sh^ts and farts to come out of. Not for other mans dongers to be rammed into!!!!. Again, biological fact.

We need to do extensive research on what causes gayness and then develop a cure. For every other abnormal illness, we try and find a cure so the people that suffer from it can live normal lives. Why aren't we allowed to do that for gays as well? Why are we forced to accept it as "normal" (as it is clearly not, if you look at the facts) and not allowed to develop ways to cure them?

your not open to the slightest possibility that it isn't a personal choice?

Einstein would disagree with you on that one:

"Everything is determined, the beginning as well as the end, by forces over which we have no control. It is determined for the insect as well as the star. Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune, intoned in the distance by an invisible piper."

- Albert Einstein

as does Stepehen Hawking:

"The initial configuration of the universe may have been chosen by God, or it may itself have been determined by the laws of science. In either case, it would seem that everything in the universe would then be determined by evolution according to the laws of science, so it is difficult to see how we can be masters of our fate."

- Stephen Hawking

Just food for thought...

Attraction is not a choice buddy... Now there are some idiots who try out gay experiences out of choice, "curioucity." For the record, if I found out my kid did that, I would knock the crap out of them. But some people are just biologically gay. You do not choose to be attracted to someone, it's instinct. What if you're a guy and you have a biological disorder that makes you attracted to male pheromones instead of female ones? You think that's not possible? Genetic errors are more common now than ever, with our preserved foods and radiation.

Ure mixing everything. If my kid was born with some kind of biological disorder and nothing could b done, thats another story. But if my kid was born normal and chooses to b gay, hell no I wont accept that.

I just don't get why we have to be so accepting of it. I'm not saying gay people should be treated differently, but we don't all have to believe it's normal and ok.

Fact is that it's scientifically and biologically wrong. If it were normal, you would be able to reproduce through gay sex. You know that question "what is the meaning of life"? Well the answer is to reproduce. Every living creature's purpose on earth is to reproduce. That's scientific fact. Since you can't reproduce through gay sex, it's obviously not normal.

Also the a$$ hole is an exit hole!! It's made for sh^ts and farts to come out of. Not for other mans dongers to be rammed into!!!!. Again, biological fact.

We need to do extensive research on what causes gayness and then develop a cure. For every other abnormal illness, we try and find a cure so the people that suffer from it can live normal lives. Why aren't we allowed to do that for gays as well? Why are we forced to accept it as "normal" (as it is clearly not, if you look at the facts) and not allowed to develop ways to cure them?

That's an interesting observation, lol... But I dont think that there are any gay activists preventing anyone from developing such a "cure." I'm pretty sure it's the fact that we don't even know for 100% that it is biological, let alone which perticular genes cause it. If a gay cure was developed, I would assume there would be some gays who use it. Then there might be a gay civil war between those retards who consider it "a gift" and those who consider it "a curse." (I assume it's neither, really)

You know that question "what is the meaning of life"? Well the answer is to reproduce. Every living creature's purpose on earth is to reproduce. That's scientific fact. Since you can't reproduce through gay sex, it's obviously not normal.

By your reasoning, does that mean that straight people who are celibate need to be 'cured'? Or that couples who are infertile don't serve any purpose?

Read n3wt's post, homosexuality in nature is fairly widespread, generally increasing in occurance with the more advanced species (dolphins, etc.).

Ure mixing everything. If my kid was born with some kind of biological disorder and nothing could b done, thats another story. But if my kid was born normal and chooses to b gay, hell no I wont accept that.

Well what I think people are trying to tell you is merely that it is possible for your kid to be born with that kind of disorder. So not all gays choose to be gay, some are born gay. Biologically.