• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Ashamed if your Child was gay?

Would you be ashamed if your child was gay?  

853 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

HighwayGlider    217

Also the a$$ hole is an exit hole!! It's made for sh^ts and farts to come out of. Not for other mans dongers to be rammed into!!!!. Again, biological fact.

Thats a more direct answer why Ive chosen yes.

+Leddy    0

I would be ashamed, yes.

It's like religious acceptance. No, I have no beef with Muslims, or Christians (I'm non-religious)- I don't mind them, just leave me out of it.

Along the same lines, I don't really care whether you're gay or not, just don't hit on me.

But having a gay son isn't leaving me out of it. He'll be my son- and I'll have to look after him for at least 18 years, not to mention my heir (gasp!).

It's like having a child with Downs syndrome, I guess- except in that case I'd be extremely disappointed in lieu of being ashamed.

Deaf Spacker    0

The people saying that there needs to be a cure for being gay, you make me sick.

HighwayGlider    217

Well what I think people are trying to tell you is merely that it is possible for your kid to be born with that kind of disorder. So not all gays choose to be gay, some are born gay. Biologically.

Wat Im saying is that if the kid is born gay and nothing could b done to make him/her normal, then wat could I do??

But if (s)he's born normal, No, I wont accept him/her to be gay.

gigapixels    99

#$(* NO! My kid will be able to be everything he/she wants to be. If that means homosexuality, then by all means, I'll be proud no matter what.

EDIT: The ignorance in this thread is absolutely amazing. I'm leaving before everything heats up.

n30w1n    0

Wat Im saying is that if the kid is born gay and nothing could b done to make him/her normal, then wat could I do??

But if (s)he's born normal, No, I wont accept him/her to be gay.

Well here is your problem, lol... You aren't going to find your baby in the nursery eyeballing some little penis or some little vagina. You can't tell how your kid was born! And chances are that even if they're gay, they'll have some straight experiences at first, because that's how you raise them. So you just have to take their word for it if they tell you they're gay. The only way you can really know otherwise is if they say "dad, I was so hammered I had gay sex." Then you beat the **** out of them.

+Leddy    0

The people saying that there needs to be a cure for being gay, you make me sick.

While homosexuality may not be a physical sickness, (therefore a cure need not apply) at least we can agree that it is a disadvantage to be gay. It means that you can't (well, aren't inclined to) participate in procreation.

My argument is that homosexuality is not simply a "genetic difference".

Having blonde hair as opposed to brown hair, for example, is a "genetic difference". We know it's genetic, and we can see it, and it has no adverse effects on the person's wellbeing.

Being homosexual is a behavioural trait. As we know, a human's behaviour can change throughout their lives, generally adjusting to their surroundings.

So why are humans naturally attracted to the opposite sex? Well, that's like asking why a magnet attracts the opposite pole. We're not entirely too sure- but we do know that we require males and females for (natural) reproduction.

UberPirate    0

Well as a fully straight male of 17 without a child, I'd say that I would be very ashamed of a gay child, as I'm strictly against homosexuality. But who's to say that if I was to have a child that was gay, you couldn't just disown it.

Ji@nBing    53

That's an interesting observation, lol... But I dont think that there are any gay activists preventing anyone from developing such a "cure." I'm pretty sure it's the fact that we don't even know for 100% that it is biological, let alone which perticular genes cause it. If a gay cure was developed, I would assume there would be some gays who use it. Then there might be a gay civil war between those retards who consider it "a gift" and those who consider it "a curse." (I assume it's neither, really)

The gay activists will call you a bigot if you suggest gayness can be cured.

Edit: see a few posts down... :rolleyes:

By your reasoning, does that mean that straight people who are celibate need to be 'cured'? Or that couples who are infertile don't serve any purpose?

People remain celibate for many reasons, usually religious.

Of course couples who are infertile serve a purpose. But most infertile couples go to fertility clinics and try to have children, don't they?

Read n3wt's post, homosexuality in nature is fairly widespread, generally increasing in occurance with the more advanced species (dolphins, etc.).

That's a rediculous argument. Just because it happens in nature that doesn't mean it's normal and right. Murder also happens in nature.

n30w1n    0

The gay activists will call you a bigot if you suggest gayness can be cured.

Edit: see a few posts down... :rolleyes:

People remain celibate for many reasons, usually religious.

Of course couples who are infertile serve a purpose. But most infertile couples go to fertility clinics and try to have children, don't they?

That's a rediculous argument. Just because it happens in nature that doesn't mean it's normal and right. Murder also happens in nature.

I hear you man... I have nothing against gay people but arguing that there isn't anything wrong with it or that a curing it is blasphemous is stupid. You're gonna sit here and tell me that a condition which prevents you from procreating is not a disorder? Please, lol...

Bamsebjørn    745

Never...

Not even disappointed. Why would I be?

It's not like it's a disease or something.

SweetRiverBaynes    7

If gay is an abnormal error in human code, then the people who are gay would want a medicine for it. And they would wish that they were not gay. Its like a person being born blind, if they could see, they would want to.

I'm sure people with mental retardation wished they were like everyone else.

Which still makes me believe homos choose to be homos.

A good way to choose your sexuality, is to let a man take advantage of you at about 4-5.

For an interesting movie watch Mysterious Skin.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mysterious_skin/

Mr. Golden Deal    0

Well, if it happens frequently, it becomes 'normal.' And since you haven't really defined what "right" is, you can't really use that as an argument. You first have to establish what "right" is for me to accept it as a valid point, I'm not going to accept a term like "right" at face value, since it can be used to describe anything.

n30w1n    0

If gay is an abnormal error in human code, then the people who are gay would want a medicine for it. And they would wish that they were not gay. Its like a person being born blind, if they could see, they would want to.

I'm sure people with mental retardation wished they were like everyone else.

Which still makes me believe homos choose to be homos.

A good way to choose your sexuality, is to let a man take advantage of you at about 4-5.

For an interesting movie watch Mysterious Skin.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mysterious_skin/

Well I don't agree with that attitude, that's the other extreme... People who are gay shouldn't have to live their life in pain and shame wishing they were all straight... They should be able to live like everyone else. Some of them just took it a step too far unfortunately and are now demonstrating pride in being gay, like there's anything to be proud of.

Ji@nBing    53

Well, if it happens frequently, it becomes 'normal.'

No it doesn't!! Schizophrenia also happens frequently. Is that normal too? I guess we shouldn't do anything to help them either and just accept it as "normal".

toastedcrumpets    0

ooo, I aint touching this one with a large stick lol

(Runs away)

+Leddy    0

Difference with Schizophrenia is that those people eventually accept that they have a abnormality, whereas homosexual people, in form of "political correctness", look at themselves as normal.

slang123    0

I seriously cannot believe this thread. There are some sick people here

Bamsebjørn    745

Why wouldn't someone be proud to be gay? It's a natural attitude to counter the people who say being gay is a disease. Gay people want to make a point: It's okay to be gay. If people don't take them seriously or don't listen to them, they'll stand up and scream louder.

Besides, straight people should be glad there are gay people: Someone who's gay won't take your lady away.

aberflasm    0

I want them to be straight but I'd never be ashamed if they weren't.

greatestfall    0

We need to do extensive research on what causes gayness and then develop a cure. For every other abnormal illness, we try and find a cure so the people that suffer from it can live normal lives. Why aren't we allowed to do that for gays as well? Why are we forced to accept it as "normal" (as it is clearly not, if you look at the facts) and not allowed to develop ways to cure them?

i'll ignore all the other insane things you said, such as that being homosexual is "scientifically wrong" and that they shouldn't be accepted.

but the fact that you're suggesting that homosexuality is a "illness" that can be cured is about as controversial as the idea of homosexuality in and of itself. people who are homosexual are not inflicted with some terrible illness that keeps them from living a happy life, a homosexual male or female who is comfortable with thier sexuality is just as happy as any heterosexual human being on this planet. if you have a problem with women having sex with women and men having sex with men, thats fine, thats understandable, a lot of people in the world are homophobic and afraid of them, nobody will fault you for not understanding thier way of life, though, you could take the time to sit down with someone who is openly gay and ask them if they think they have an illness, ask them if they're unhappy or feel like they can't live a happy life.. i bet they tell you no on the first two.. if you say something like you just did though, that they're inflicted with a disease and need to be cured, you're going to end up sounding like the super right baptist pastors who everyone hates and then nobody is going to like you.

Nashy    1,661

Ashamed, and angry.

It not a stupid thread. Just because you guys think its alright to be gay, doesn't mean everyone has to.

gigapixels    99

i'll ignore all the other insane things you said, such as that being homosexual is "scientifically wrong" and that they shouldn't be accepted.

but the fact that you're suggesting that homosexuality is a "illness" that can be cured is about as controversial as the idea of homosexuality in and of itself. people who are homosexual are not inflicted with some terrible illness that keeps them from living a happy life, a homosexual male or female who is comfortable with thier sexuality is just as happy as any heterosexual human being on this planet. if you have a problem with women having sex with women and men having sex with men, thats fine, thats understandable, a lot of people in the world are homophobic and afraid of them, nobody will fault you for not understanding thier way of life, though, you could take the time to sit down with someone who is openly gay and ask them if they think they have an illness, ask them if they're unhappy or feel like they can't live a happy life.. i bet they tell you no on the first two.. if you say something like you just did though, that they're inflicted with a disease and need to be cured, you're going to end up sounding like the super right baptist pastors who everyone hates and then nobody is going to like you.

ROUND OF APPLAUSE TO YOU.

Right on.

Callousness    0

Why wouldn't someone be proud to be gay? It's a natural attitude to counter the people who say being gay is a disease. Gay people want to make a point: It's okay to be gay. If people don't take them seriously or don't listen to them, they'll stand up and scream louder.

Besides, straight people should be glad there are gay people: Someone who's gay won't take your lady away.

sorry but no its not okay to be gay! if the whole male population was gay the human race would CEASE to exist. now tell me, how is that okay ?

if your gay okay thats fine( i personaly believe that you cant choose to be gay and that you are born with it, and i dont go round discriminating against gays) but dont come to me and say being gay is natural/okay etc cos its simply not!

SweetRiverBaynes    7

Yep, it's like choosing to be Emo or Gothic. CHOICE!