Ashamed if your Child was gay?

Would you be ashamed if your child was gay?  

985 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be ashamed if your child was gay?

• Yes
    • No

Yep, it's like choosing to be Emo or Gothic. CHOICE!

So, you chose to be straight then? Wow, I never chose anything like that. Yes, I turned out straight, but there was never a choice there. And who in their right minds would CHOOSE to be part of a minority that is discriminated against and hated by many (ignorant) people? That's the dumbest choice in the world, and I don't think that people would do that on purpose.

Just think about what you're saying.

Course you don't choose to be gay. You are born how you are. Its part of life, you are either born gay, or born straight. People who think you elect to be gay as if you are filling out an online questionare are just fools.

i'll ignore all the other insane things you said, such as that being homosexual is "scientifically wrong" and that they shouldn't be accepted.

but the fact that you're suggesting that homosexuality is a "illness" that can be cured is about as controversial as the idea of homosexuality in and of itself. people who are homosexual are not inflicted with some terrible illness that keeps them from living a happy life, a homosexual male or female who is comfortable with thier sexuality is just as happy as any heterosexual human being on this planet. if you have a problem with women having sex with women and men having sex with men, thats fine, thats understandable, a lot of people in the world are homophobic and afraid of them, nobody will fault you for not understanding thier way of life, though, you could take the time to sit down with someone who is openly gay and ask them if they think they have an illness, ask them if they're unhappy or feel like they can't live a happy life.. i bet they tell you no on the first two.. if you say something like you just did though, that they're inflicted with a disease and need to be cured, you're going to end up sounding like the super right baptist pastors who everyone hates and then nobody is going to like you.

I completely disagree with you. There are many diseases out there that do not prevent you from leading a normal and furilling life. The fact is, and what everyone who is arguing for homosexuality keeps on trying to ignore is, homosexuality results in the lack of procreation, which is the primary purpose of any single living organism in the universe. If that is not a disorder, I don't know what is.

Just because gay people don't glow green and die at the age of 45 doesn't mean homosexuality is not a disorder. And doesn't mean that no cure should be available for it. If you want to argue the whole tolerance BS, what about the gay people, which undeniably exist out there, who DO want a cure for homosexuality? Or are they wrong in not being proud of the fact they can't get their dick up at the sight of a biologically intended partner to create a test-tubeless heir?

I completely disagree with you. There are many diseases out there that do not prevent you from leading a normal and furilling life. The fact is, and what everyone who is arguing for homosexuality keeps on trying to ignore is, homosexuality results in the lack of procreation, which is the primary purpose of any single living organism in the universe. If that is not a disorder, I don't know what is.

Just because gay people don't glow green and die at the age of 45 doesn't mean homosexuality is not a disorder. And doesn't mean that no cure should be available for it. If you want to argue the whole tolerance BS, what about the gay people, which undeniably exist out there, who DO want a cure for homosexuality? Or are they wrong in not being proud of the fact they can't get their dick up at the sight of a biologically intended partner to create a test-tubeless heir?

HOMOSEXUALITY IS NEITHER A DISEASE NOR A DISORDER. It is a lifestyle and sexual preference.

And it is not something that needs to be cured as it does not harm anybody.

Wow, and here too. All the hate for homosexuality... They are your views and you're more than entitled to them.

But please, never try and back them up or justify them with bull**** and ignorance.

this is a very closed minded and ignorant opinion. who the f cares about procreation, people who are gay obviously aren't that worried about procreating.

and the idea that there are homosexuals out there who want to be straight, i guess this could be true, but balancing that out would be straight people who live a life they hate because they don't like women and want to be gay.

HOMOSEXUALITY IS NEITHER A DISEASE NOR A DISORDER. It is a lifestyle and sexual preference.

That is not true, we already covered this in the previous pages of the thread... Where I mentioned that if my child was biologically predispositioned to homosexuality it would not make them any less of a person to me, but if they chose to have a gay experience just for the "adventure," I'd beat the **** out of them.

And the point is, as I briefly mentioned right in the previous sentence, that I believe homosexuality is not a choice for some people. People are attracted to each other biologically, not through choice. You can't help being attracted to pretty people, just like you can't help being attracted to an ugly person if you get to know their beautiful inside. There are many things that effect attration, and many of them are not choice. You don't "choose" to be attracted to male or female pheromones.

There are many diseases out there that do not prevent you from leading a normal and furilling life. The fact is, and what everyone who is arguing for homosexuality keeps on trying to ignore is, homosexuality results in the lack of procreation, which is the primary purpose of any single living organism in the universe. If that is not a disorder, I don't know what is.

OK, so let's go the 100% scientific route shall we? Right...

"Gay" is scientifically wrong as it is not procreation and therefore we will have less kids. And "gayness" is basically a disease". That's basically your point, I think.

Let me retort...

The planet is suffering from a population boom. Maybe this "disease" is natures way of stemming that!

I know what I said is pure BS, but only as much as your original post.

That is not true, we already covered this in the previous pages of the thread... Where I mentioned that if my child was biologically predispositioned to homosexuality it would not make them any less of a person to me, but chose to have a gay experience just for the "adventure," I'd beat the **** out of them.

And the point is, as I briefly mentioned right in the previous sentence, that I believe homosexuality is not a choice for some people. People are attracted to each other biologically, not through choice. You can't help being attracted to pretty people, just like you can't help being attracted to an ugly person if you get to know their beautiful inside. There are many things that effect attration, and many of them are not choice. You don't "choose" to be attracted to male or female pheromones.

Ummm.... That's what I think as well. When I said lifestyle and sexual preference, I never said it was a choice. There are many preferences that are set through biological means, and I believe that is one of them. Unclear wording, I guess.

OK, so let's go the 100% scientific route shall we? Right...

"Gay" is scientifically wrong as it is not procreation and therefore we will have less kids. And "gayness" is basically a disease". That's basically your point, I think.

Let me retort...

The planet is suffering from a population boom. Maybe this "disease" is natures way of stemming that!

I know what I said is pure BS, but only as much as your original post.

Actually what you said may not be BS, who knows but mother nature? But I will tell you this, don't try and argue with me that it's not scientifically wrong to have a condition which prevents procreation. What DO you think you were put on this Earth for, if not procreate?

this is a very closed minded and ignorant opinion. who the f cares about procreation, people who are gay obviously aren't that worried about procreating.

out of every comment in this thread that is the most idiotic yet

if your parents didn give a f**** as you so elegantly put it you wouldnt be here! the human race wouldnt be here

just aswell some of us care cos you sure as f**** aint helping

Actually what you said may not be BS, who knows but mother nature? But I will tell you this, don't try and argue with me that it's not scientifically wrong to have a condition which prevents procreation. What DO you think you were put on this Earth for, if not procreate?

well technically according to scripture we were put on this earth to live a predetermined life and accept God and die and be reborn.. not to procreate.

if your parents didn give a f**** as you so elegantly put it you wouldnt be here! the human race wouldnt be here

i'm adopted you ass, my parents didn't give an f.

and the idea that there are homosexuals out there who want to be straight, i guess this could be true, but balancing that out would be straight people who live a life they hate because they don't like women and want to be gay.

Well, homosexuality is allowed in the open now, so any straight people who want to be gay are free to try it. Now where exactly is the argument against a homosexuality cure, for the gays who want it ;)

Ummm... To live? What's wrong with simply living? If one's normal living habits do not include procreation, that's the way it goes. But the fact that the majority does procreate balances that part out.

out of every comment in this thread that is the most idiotic yet

just aswell some of us care cos you sure as f**** aint helping

Did you READ his post? He said the homosexuals obviously don't care too much about procreation. Not everybody in general.

READ THE POST. It helps.

well technically according to scripture we were put on this earth to live a predetermined life and accept God and die and be reborn.. not to procreate.

Alright, but if you follow that scripture, you are also not very likely to embrace homosexuality... The most you would do is be tolerent and then try to figure out why the Bible both says something is wrong and not at the same time :p

sorry but no its not okay to be gay! if the whole male population was gay the human race would CEASE to exist. now tell me, how is that okay ?

if your gay okay thats fine( i personaly believe that you cant choose to be gay and that you are born with it, and i dont go round discriminating against gays) but dont come to me and say being gay is natural/okay etc cos its simply not!

First of all, I found out I was straight when I was 17, before that I always suspected as much, but I really truely found out when I was 17. There was this girl... anyway, I won't bother you with the story, I turned out straight and I'm proud of it. I'm proud of my identity.

My parents weren't really shocked by the news that I was straight. They always thought I was... and they told me it's okay... they still love me.

Gay people may be proud of their identity too... and since gay people are often discriminated, being gay becomes a very important thing in their lives and their identity. So it's a defensive thing for gay people to show how proud they are of their identity... and by showing that they're proud to be gay, they show that they're happy with how they live their lives.

As for being gay being unnatural:

In the Netherlands someone discoverd a duck, raping a dead male duck. It was a shock... all over the newspaper... a gay necrophelic duck. Is that unnatural? I think not.

Maybe gay people may be a solution for overpopulation created by mother nature. If every male and female human would want to reproduce, the planet will soon become overpopulated. I think it's a good (and very natural) thing that there are gay people. :yes:

Alright, but if you follow that scripture, you are also not very likely to embrace homosexuality... The most you would do is be tolerent and then try to figure out why the Bible both says something is wrong and not at the same time :p

i know, i was just providing something to combat the other post.. heh

As for being gay being unnatural:

In the Netherlands someone discoverd a duck, raping a dead male duck. It was a shock... all over the newspaper... a gay necrophelic duck. Is that unnatural? I think not.

Maybe gay people may be a solution for overpopulation created by mother nature. If every male and female human would want to reproduce, the planet will soon become overpopulated. I think it's a good (and very natural) thing that there are gay people.:yes::

To add to this point, and in specifics, the species of monkey/ape known as the bonobo is another example of homosexuality in nature. These monkeys engage in homosexual acts DAILY. Now tell me that's some sort of disorder...

Maybe the question should be, why wouldn't you be ashamed if your child was gay? :|

Because I always lived to respect everyone for being who they are.

I would be ashamed of my child if he/she turns out to be a murderer or rapist... that's a bad thing. Being gay is not. Period.

Bored of arguing against this closed minded mentality.

To me if someone is gay or straight, I REALLY don't care. It's how they act that annoys me!

And ignorance is more annoying than anything!

Well, in that case, I wouldn't be ashamed because I don't see anything wrong with it and know a pretty large number of homosexuals and don't see anything even remotely wrong with them or homosexuality in general. I generally don't care about my "legacy" or anything, so if being gay would make my kids happy, then they would have my blessing.

thank you, i agree with this completely.

Well, in that case, I wouldn't be ashamed because I don't see anything wrong with it and know a pretty large number of homosexuals and don't see anything even remotely wrong with them or homosexuality in general. I generally don't care about my "legacy" or anything, so if being gay would make my kids happy, then they would have my blessing.

Right on to all of you. I just wish more people thought like us.

No I would not be ashamed! I have a brother that is gay and he says that he has know that he was gay since he was 6 years old. So if it is not genetic then how would a 6 year old know he was gay. I don't think it matters if you are gay or not. Son, brother, daughter, sister. Makes no diffrence to me