• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

timdorr orders an iMac

Tim Dorr    0

statusicons02active.gif

OH BOY! :D :D :D

shockz    6,890

Congrats timdorr. I want one too.

shafi    0
Originally posted by timdorr

doodles! That's be TOO funny! Wonder how I apply... :D

Aren't you taking cs in university, besides why imac ? Maybe you are going to dev. apps for macs. I do take few cs classes, and i don't see why should i a get imac, pointless. I would get the ipod for windows only.

-shafi

Evolution    16

Oh no :( We lost timdor to the darkside :( lol j/k :)

Tim Dorr    0
Originally posted by shafi

Aren't you taking cs in university, besides why imac ? Maybe you are going to dev. apps for macs. I do take few cs classes, and i don't see why should i a get imac, pointless. I would get the ipod for windows only.

-shafi

many reasons:

1- 1337 factor. it's hard to ignore that with an ipod and an imac i'll have lots of it :D

2- it's unix based and most of my programming classes here are based around the *nix environments, so it's good to base myself in an operating system similar to the classes i'm taking.

3- DVD-Burner and netflix.com subscription. 'nuff said.

4- We use nothing but Apple products at my job in the School's TV studio, so I can work on a project there and bring it home on the iPod to work on it at home. Thats something I'm looking forward to...

I guess there are a lot of reasons, most are geek-lust related, but don't think you can change my mind :D

Prasanth    0

congrats tim :p

CrimsonBlur    0

actually, you get $100 off the iMac now, but still $30 off teh iPod.

who cares though, i'm putting it on credit :D

Hmmm, don't you think you should STILL get a better discount? I mean, I remember looking at student discounts for Dell computers and it was MUCH higher, multiple hundreds of dollars even for laptops. :ermm:

Anyhow, I'm jealous as all hell! Using hacker "friends" to locate home address of timdorr...

"It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine!"

lazydesert    0

I guess there are a lot of reasons, most are geek-lust related, but don't think you can change my mind :D

mmm.. geek lust... :drool:

shafi    0

many reasons:

1- 1337 factor. it's hard to ignore that with an ipod and an imac i'll have lots of it :D

2- it's unix based and most of my programming classes here are based around the *nix environments, so it's good to base myself in an operating system similar to the classes i'm taking.

4- We use nothing but Apple products at my job in the School's TV studio, so I can work on a project there and bring it home on the iPod to work on it at home. Thats something I'm looking forward to...

aahh

nice reasons

There no reason for me to move to imac.

enjoy your imac :)

Dazzla    5

You can't get dual layer DVD-r's can you? The only ones I've seen are 4.7 gb single side and 9.4 gb double side. Either way, you're gonna have to split a DVD in half to burn it.

mAcOdIn    1

First, I finally got my iPod this wednesday. 20gb version too! The things so cool I don't even now how to describe how pleased I am with it. THe one thing I didn't know about it was the pressure sensitive wheel. So, when it didn't move, I thought it was DOA! :s Luckily, I went back to the Apple store and they showed me that it was supposed to be that way... Phew! I loaded it up with some sampler songs at the store too, so I've been listening to some obscure bands while I wait to get my iMac...

Speaking of which, I finally put the order through for it. I'm hoping that there won't be much delays. I'm getting the 17" iMac G4, so I'm guessing quantities will be limited. Any idea if there are going to be delays? Any idea how long it takes to ship???

Well, I'll let you guys know when I get it. I'm just really excited about all of this, so I just HAD to post... :D

Cool, still waiting on my Ipod I ordered the 10gb one and they still have my wait as 4 weeks! But I'm really looking forward to it, and am planning to get an Ibook with the combo drive, not a bad price/performance for me and I don't have a loptop yet so I'm exited as well for my Apples hehe.

BxBoy    0
Originally posted by mAcOdIn

Cool, still waiting on my Ipod I ordered the 10gb one and they still have my wait as 4 weeks! But I'm really looking forward to it, and am planning to get an Ibook with the combo drive, not a bad price/performance for me and I don't have a loptop yet so I'm exited as well for my Apples hehe.

I'm thinking about getting an iBook as well. How much you paid? or paying?

Gator    0
Originally posted by BxBoy

I'm thinking about getting an iBook as well. How much you paid? or paying?

The iBook 12" Combo Drive with 128 MB of ram runs at about $1500.

Tim Dorr    0

make sure you get your educational discount if possible :)

BxBoy    0
Originally posted by GatorZx2

The iBook 12" Combo Drive with 128 MB of ram runs at about $1500.

Is that the cheapest you've seen? Have you searched around, or just settled for the first price you saw?

sparkleytone    0

if you are a cs major, then spending the $100 to get you one time discounts such as theres is more than worth it.

holyimac.png

holyipod.png

holypmac.png

Steven    80

i'm seriously not anti mac anymore, i've learned to grow up a bit, i'd luv to get one, they're just soooooooo expensive. :(

Plus i just bought a Dell Inspiron 8200, so it'll be awhile before i have enough money for a mac, i'd like one just to play with, as a toy, i'm a windows programmer, so i have to have a pc laptop.

sparkleytone    0

heh i used to be antimac too...then i woked at compusa and ended up spending all my time in the mac section. i have OS X to blame for my addiction.