"DOA4" and "Perfect Dark: Zero" updates?

Anybody know when we can expect some updates for these games? "DOA4" online is a joke, and "PD:Z" need a hell of a lot more characters to choose from for multiplayer. "Goldeneye" had, what, 40-something characters? "PD:Z" has, IIRC, six.

Anybody know when we can expect some updates for these games? "DOA4" online is a joke, and "PD:Z" need a hell of a lot more characters to choose from for multiplayer. "Goldeneye" had, what, 40-something characters? "PD:Z" has, IIRC, six.

I never really cared about the 6 only characters for PDZ. I mean when you play you never see the character (unless you do a jumping roll or are using cover). But I totally agree with you concerning DOA4. It's so bloody laggy it really needs some updating. But the actual experience of online doa I love, the fact that you can unlock special items through points you gain winning battles is just brilliant. However when the lag is so bad it's difficult to win matches (for me anyway), since the speed fluctuates.

I never really cared about the 6 only characters for PDZ. I mean when you play you never see the character (unless you do a jumping roll or are using cover). But I totally agree with you concerning DOA4. It's so bloody laggy it really needs some updating. But the actual experience of online doa I love, the fact that you can unlock special items through points you gain winning battles is just brilliant. However when the lag is so bad it's difficult to win matches (for me anyway), since the speed fluctuates.

I havn't played DOA4 online, but it just seems so odd that the lag is so bad when it's usually only two people connected to each other. Seems like some really poor networking code on the developers part, what a shame. :wacko:

Don't Have PGR3, so I can't really judge it.

And Kameo doesn't have an online multiplayer, when I said that I meant the multiplayer games :D. It was kinda sarcastic anyway :D.

these nex-gen online games are giving me headaches.... so many times i lag out when i shouldn't. my cable modem is 720 down and 250 up.. but yet i lag in DOA, CoD, and Madden non-stop... stupid ass qwest cable modem

And Kameo doesn't have an online multiplayer, when I said that I meant the multiplayer games . It was kinda sarcastic anyway .

Err, yes it does.

okay okay okay, like i said, i meant straight multiplayer....sheesh, lay off.

When you say "straight multiplayer" - do you mean DeathMatch or something? I think there's some communication barrier here...

PDZ is getting updated.. to 60 players online at the sametime. should be laggy as **** :D

yeah , im curious also.. i haven't heard about that.... cause damn that would be impossible

yeah , im curious also.. i haven't heard about that.... cause damn that would be impossible

Actually I think the original plan was to support 60 or so players. But it was cut down a couple of times. So that's why I thought he might have heard something I didn't.

Pretty sure he was joking, just look at what he added behind that.

Anyway does anyone have any idea when DOA 4 will be released for Europe?

UK release is January 27th according to Game

Well honestly my biggest problem with PDZ is not the player count.. I'd say it needs some form of clan support (unless this is a future feature of Xbox Live for the 360). Also it could "really" use more control and features in ranked mode.

I have to honestly say this TrueSkill system MS came up with for 360 games is really poor. With some games it's not such a problem, but with PDZ it feels pointless to play ranked games.

I was hoping we'd get something similar to Halo 2 (not as complex, I'm not expecting detailed website tracking/ranking.. But at least similar ways of playing ranked games).

The only thing I think needs updating in PDZ is the Havok engine, it hilarious sometimes... even encountered dead enemies jumping from the floor to the ceiling few times and other funky moves, I even laughed out loud it was so funny one time.

The only thing I think needs updating in PDZ is the Havok engine, it hilarious sometimes... even encountered dead enemies jumping from the floor to the ceiling few times and other funky moves, I even laughed out loud it was so funny one time.

LOL! seconded! :rofl: