40" to 50" TV upgrade

In my lounge i currently have an old 4:3 480p Pioneer plasma screen , I really like it , it looks excellent on my xbox 360 and on my Media center. PS2 looks a bit shabby though due to poor scaling.

Tommorow I have an opertunity to buy one of these http://www.avwow.com/acatalog/SamsungHighD...n-SP50L7HX.html

Its a 50" (better) 720p (better) with laods of cool features, but its a DLP Rear projection (hmmmmm)

I can get it at the bargain price of ?600, which im sure I could sell my pioneer for to get the money back, and I love the specs, but I am put off by the fact that it is a DLP Rear projection.

Is DLP a lot better than standard rear projection ?

Has anyone got or had one of these screens? should I do the upgrade ? Will the picture be woerse than my plasma ?

Opinions and ideas welcome, pererably backed up ones. Thnaks.

In my lounge i currently have an old 4:3 480p Pioneer plasma screen ,

Is DLP a lot better than standard rear projection ?

Has anyone got or had one of these screens? should I do the upgrade ? Will the picture be woerse than my plasma ?

A 4:3 plasma???? Didn't know those even existed..That must be old and that must have cost you a friggin fortune!!!

DLPs DESTORY standard rear projection....better and brighter picture, no burn in, great viewing angle, half the size/weight

Can't go wrong with anything made by Samsung (that is a hell of a good price too).

I have a 65" DLP Rear Projection, and it blows the doors off anything I have ever seen. WS65615 is my model number.

I can do 480I, 480P, 720P, 1080I

Xbox 360 looks amazing on 1080i on a 65"

A 4:3 plasma???? Didn't know those even existed..That must be old and that must have cost you a friggin fortune!!!

DLPs DESTORY standard rear projection....better and brighter picture, no burn in, great viewing angle, half the size/weight

Can't go wrong with anything made by Samsung (that is a hell of a good price too).

Thanks for the info, I think im gonna make this investment tommorow.

As for the 4:3 plasma, ye sit is pretty old, and it did cost a fair bit. Here she is:

p52901822ds.th.jpg

The picture looks dull because I used the flash on the camera, but the picture onthis screen is actually very good, as good as any other plasma ive seen.