Nero Burning Rom Alternatives

I am really liking the Sateira Software mentioned in the first post. Its simple, fast, doesnt install any dlls etc. However I dont think it has a verify option, which is essential imo.

I would just warn people aout that AVS Burning Software mentioned a few posts ago. Although Softpedia says its spyware free it tried to add/register a couple dlls in the system32 and dump a bunch of files in an activeX folder, plus its gui is pretty shoddy imo. Good thing i installed it in a Sandbox (freeware).

that things pretty cool, reminds me of a cd copying version of utorrent. But the developer is russian, and newer updates etc with important bug fixes have been released in russian, but cannot be translatted to english anymore, so not much point using this as no more development for it :(

Anyone got any other options or opinions?

Just because you can't use the latest version doesn't mean the older versions are broken or defective. Look at Billy, the media player. It hasn't been updated for a year, yet it has little to no flaws. The only flaws I found in it are small, minor things.

Any Russians here? Email the creator of the program to disable the protection.

Edit: BTW, SCDWriter doesn't need to be installed. Just open it and you're set!

And how does the compatibility look like?...I mean if I am using for example Ashampoo and burn my CD with it ,will the CD open without any problems on a computer that uses Nero?....Or can I ad stuff to the CD through Nero if I burned stuff on it through Ashampoo before?....will it damage the CD or not?.....

And how does the compatibility look like?...I mean if I am using for example Ashampoo and burn my CD with it ,will the CD open without any problems on a computer that uses Nero?....Or can I ad stuff to the CD through Nero if I burned stuff on it through Ashampoo before?....will it damage the CD or not?.....

These all should burn using the same standards, thus the ability to read the cd/dvd has nothing to do with the software. Unless the software fails to burn right, like nero does occasionally, and the disc is unreadable or has errors.

Just tried Ashampoo Burning Studio but it does not feature cross-fading for audio cds which is bad IMO

When I used DeepBurner a couple months ago it had problems with not finalizing discs. Which kinda borked them sometimes.

SCDWriter+ImgBurn is an excellent burning pair. Make images and burn them!

Ok but was SCDWriter translated to english?

the last ver is 1.33 and tha last eng ver is 1.12 and that a big ver diff :wacko:

I understand russian but allways have to put localisation of windows to russian so letters would display corectly....