i found this about next gen GTA

Orange Battery

This would be so good!!

Simon-

Umm San Andreas is part 5

Grand Theft Auto 1 - 2 - 3 - Vice City - San Andreas

Actually there's 6 counting Liberty City Stories for the PSP

Most people only think there's part 3, vice city and san andreas because they're the 3d third person ones where the first two were birds-eye view 2d/3d mix. Not everyone knew a lot about GTA until part 3 came out.

I would love to see one based somewhere else besides America. It'll get boring and old quick if they stayed in America for each game. As for the Americans getting confused driving on the other side in the game. I already drive on the side with cars coming at me because I like to see how long I can hold a wheelie or stoppie in oncoming traffic going at high speeds :laugh:

So the next new GTA is GTA7? No

GTA: Vice City and GTA: San Andreas are part of the Grand Theft Auto 3 series. Just as GTA: London 1969 and GTA: London 1961 are part of the original Grand Theft Auto series. The next is likely to be GTA4, and not another installment of the Grand Theft Auto 3 series.

Orange Battery

So the next new GTA is GTA7? No

GTA: Vice City and GTA: San Andreas are part of the Grand Theft Auto 3 series. Just as GTA: London 1969 and GTA: London 1961 are part of the original Grand Theft Auto series. The next is likely to be GTA4, and not another installment of the Grand Theft Auto 3 series.

I always wondered about that, so what will they have to do to make this next one stand out as being different to GTA 3 series?

Simon-

I always wondered about that, so what will they have to do to make this next one stand out as being different to GTA 3 series?

Well firstly, they are updating an engine from 2001. There is nothing wrong with the features but the Graphics arn't as good as other more recent games. It is understandable, but doesn't change the fact that it wouldn't cut it for something that you'ld consider "next-gen". Time to stop tacking on extensions onto the same old engine and make something that pushes our new consoles (360, PS3) and Graphics Cards (Radeon X8xx/X18xx, Geforce 6/7 series)

Secondly, All of the Grand Theft Auto 3 series (GTA3, VC, SA, LCS) have storylines that link together, through the Italian-American Mafia. A new GTA would have to have all new characters and an all new theme. I wouldn't mind a Cameo by Kent Paul/Macca from VC/SA, but if it is GTA4 in name, I would only consider it to be an Easter Egg, just like the Protagonist from GTA3 is Claude Speed from GTA2.

SecretAgentMan

I seen this rumor on a website a while back about Sony getting the exclusive rights to the GTA series again.

Sony Secures Exclusivity For The Next GTA For PS3

If this ends up being true then I will just have to wait until Rockstar releases the PC and 360 versions of the game. :)

Orange Battery

Well firstly, they are updating an engine from 2001. There is nothing wrong with the features but the Graphics arn't as good as other more recent games. It is understandable, but doesn't change the fact that it wouldn't cut it for something that you'ld consider "next-gen". Time to stop tacking on extensions onto the same old engine and make something that pushes our new consoles (360, PS3) and Graphics Cards (Radeon X8xx/X18xx, Geforce 6/7 series)

Secondly, All of the Grand Theft Auto 3 series (GTA3, VC, SA, LCS) have storylines that link together, through the Italian-American Mafia. A new GTA would have to have all new characters and an all new theme. I wouldn't mind a Cameo by Kent Paul/Macca from VC/SA, but if it is GTA4 in name, I would only consider it to be an Easter Egg, just like the Protagonist from GTA3 is Claude Speed from GTA2.

cool, I didnt know that so thanks

CDog

This would be very cool. I mean imagine... roads with curves, roundabouts and decent cars :D eeeyay

mikebiacsi

If they are going to make the next gta in london that wud be awesome. I can see myself now jumping tower bridge mid chase while the bridge is being raised. :D

Dotdot

I hope they include roundabouts LOL.

-T-

Rumours have been floating around that the next GTA would actually be based in Scotland, and one of the guys I work with was actually approached by Rockstar to have one of his bands songs in the game. He had also said that Glasgow was a potential influence for the game, I didn't really believe him at the time, but now it does kinda make sense, as weren't Take Two or Rockstar from Glasgow ?

Pupik

Man, I hope that's true.

I'm sick of that "<< racial epithet >>" theme.

iconboy

Having it in Europe would be great. I loved the last 3 games, but i feel like its hard beyond graphics to go any further with their current mafia formula. Although this is probably gunna be about the mob in europe again, the mob in europe is very different than that of the usa. They have this sort of nobility about them, and lets face it the guys in Europe are just plain crazy. Also i think the police are way more sophisticated there, and they have to be to track down and take down way more dangerous and crazy criminals.

Driving on the left hand side is gunna take some getting use to, but i cant wait for those narrow alley chases and those winding country side roads.

x-byte

If they doesn't change the gameplay in some way then I'm not interested. GTA 3 is the last GTA game I enjoyed, the rest is just booring. And the gangsta theme in SA was awfull and ruined the game.

I hope Rockstar looks in other ways than GTA games. I'm tired of them...

Captain_Wang

Yeh it was boring having to eat and work out, I personally never gave a crap. It was just tedious. I think a more realistic direction would make it more fun (which wouldn't please Jack Thompson), graphics need to be good too the first 3D GTA was amazing at the time but they didn't seem to do much from there to be honest.

cchasem

Do you guys think it will be out on PC, at least.. eventually? The GTA's are so much fun on pc because of the mods that come out..

MadFerIt

Well every single GTA game has been released for the PC (except Liberty Stories of course). So chances are GTA 4 (or another prequel) will also come to the PC.

The question though is whether or not it will be a PS3 exclusive for the first 6 months. That's what happened with GTA3, GTA:VC, GTA:SA. Hopefully at the very least it will be released at the same time (or close to) on the 360. Even better would be a PC release at the same time as well.

yawza

OH MAN! i totally forgot that the Brits drive on the left side! :o You guys are brave ;)

cammy

might i add....the origonal grand theft auto was made by a man from dundee....who also made the ever popular lemmings....so i could see dundee or a scottish city featureing in the game easily...i know that he doesnt own grand theft auto as it was sold to rockstar but he still has a stake in the company and owns his own company called VIS entertainment which is based in dundee" so maybe one of those european citys will be a scottish city!

Napalm Frog

i would like to see a toronto version....

Brings about a new sping on the current "gun violence", eh?

MadFerIt

Brings about a new sping on the current "gun violence", eh?

Uh not really.. Compare Toronto to a place like New York City or L.A. :p.

Nighthawk-F117

Would be cool if Rockstar North made a GTA set in Edinburgh (where they're located) even though the 'storyline' would be way too exaggerated.

l77Il7H

aren't you guys tired of gta already?!?! there's only so much ways to steal a car and joy ride it.

x-byte

aren't you guys tired of gta already?!?! there's only so much ways to steal a car and joy ride it.

I feel with you... I got tired after GTA3. :pinch:

Shetland

Rockstar are the only developers i'd trust with a UK based GTA - mainly because they're in the UK themselves and wont portray an american view of us (the queen sipping very oh-so-british tea with some monty python on the box)