iMac G5 owned! (video)

There is something wrong with the G5. Do a clean erase and reinstall, then do a boot time comparison, difference will be alot less

EDIT: My PowerBook G4 boots up much faster.

Edited by cswadner

G5 might be owned, just shows that Macs are better than ever now.

(I think a couple more tests need to be made though, since I'm pretty sure my Mac Mini boots up faster than that G5)

Bloody hell. Even the school G4 eMacs boot faster than the one on the right (the G5), and maybe a bit slower than the Intel X2.

Next thing you know Apple uses this video as a promo :|

There is something wrong with the G5. Do a clean erase and reinstall, then do a boot time comparison, difference will be alot less

i was thinking that, i swear my mini boots faster than that and a G5 should be a load faster than a mac mini!

The guy in the video said both came right out of the box.

I dont have a mac but the G5 one there's gotta be something wrong with, a fresh install is needed because there is no way it took that long to load up, that'd be redicilious, i've seen ibooks load quicker than that

What... my iMac G5(b) boots up in a similar time frame to the one of the left. Are they sure they didn't get the Intel and G5 one mixed up.

I agree.

yeah, that G5 in the video is got some serious problems there. Mine doesn't take near that long.... :no:

I'm thinking it's rigged for the video somehow

My iMac G5 boots up a hell of a lot faster than the one they have, but the new iMac still blows away mine. Anyone claiming their iMac G5 boots up as fast as the new iMac, I have two words for you: Prove it.