Help with Camera Settings

Well my friend is letting me use his Nikon D70 for the NAIAS (North American International Auto Show) and i was wondering what would be the best setting(s) for that. I talking about shutter and ISO and everything, now i might not know where alot of this crap is on the camera but i am going to the show on Thursday so i can ask my buddy to set it for me. Thanks Everything

first of all, dont use the same settings for taking photos cause u will only get crap photos because of it :) for everything there are different settings, u just have to try different iso's and stuff :p and specially if its a carshow u will have a lot of different lights so u will still need to manually do some work urself :p so get urself a manual and read it :)

i reccomend "auto"-mode for shutter speed and aperture and ISO 400, which is always good at all light settings, especially in such an "unclear" location as an autoshow, with displays and monitors and reflections and stuff. since the D70 has a good noise-reduction, you could even try ISO 800, its good for point and shoot, because high iso settings will cause a fast shutter-speed which will cause sharp photos, to say it in easy words. :)

Try just the auto mode. works great!

Everything depends on what lens he is letting you use. If its a fast lens (large aperature (smaller the F-Stop number, larger the opening) then you might not need the flash.

If you feel like venturing out, try the camera in P mode, either 400 or 800 ISO

If you are really unfamiliar with this camera use full auto. Check the back of the camera to see what results you're getting and adjust accordingly.

One thing I would suggest is taking a card to adjust your white balance, dunno how well the D70 performs on auto-wb in an environment like a car show.

the d70 does a very good job on auto-wb and it works for beginners. experts would rather do it manually, but if youre just like point 'n' shoot, the auto-wb is good.