SP1 and Windows Corporate Edition

Well i have SP1 installed on my system and i didn't have to alot of that crap everyone else had to do. All I had to do was change my key using that program and then install, it was quite simple!

Originally posted by glix81

Well i have SP1 installed on my system and i didn't have to alot of that crap everyone else had to do. All I had to do was change my key using that program and then install, it was quite simple!

That's all you GOTTA do, LOL!

Originally posted by Nodiaque

I look forward to this. Cops, you really think they only have this do to? Stopping a guy who download warez for personnal use? Come on, this is pure fiction. I never used any legit version of software since I have a pc. And, by the way, for the SP1, how can you explain I installed it on my computer using the FCK cd key?

There is something I wounder, I never saw the corporate edition sold anywhere...

What I'm saying is, when you use warez, admit that it's illegal. I see too many people using warez feeling like they're entitled to it. It's just an excuse.

It's short for the most popular windows xp key that has been circulated and it's the key that Microsoft is suppose to deactivate if you upgrade to the upcoming service pack 1 (sp1) in late August or early sept.

So, thats is why everyone wants to change their key (those that have the FCKGW-*****) to another.

Originally posted by Amit Bapat

Hey it seems that some of u were able to generate cd keya that worked on WINXP Corp. edition. Can some body email it to me, so even i can try out sp1.

i have sp1 1089.

email me at amit1275@hotmail.com

Thanx in advance.

I tried, but your hotmail account is over the storage limit. You need to take out the trash man... :evil:

Originally posted by J t R

sorry to inform you but when you bought XP you paid for the license(read the EULA) and the license is determined by the cd-key.

and last time i checked you couldn't walk into CompUSA and buy Windows XP Corp edition

when has a eula been enforceable by law???... thus a eula is illrealivant (sic)

Originally posted by Yazoo

Will SP1 update the mediaplayer to version 9 (corona)?

Definitely not!

By the time SP-1 goes final, Corona will not even be announced by Uncle Billy

Originally posted by CdCViRus

SP-1 setup replaces the file pidgen.dll, right?

So me wonders if it's still possible to change the Key (to another Corp Key) after SP-1 setup?

These two files are only for slipstreaming the ( Corporate Patched CD )

If the CD was not already Corporate patched this will not work for you.

Slipstream files for SP1 and XP1 Corp

-------------------------------------

1. Perform a normal slipstream update with your Corp XP

2. Copy these two files into your I386 directory and overwrite the existing files.

3. replace the eula to the right eula from the service pack

4. Burn CD!

XP SP1 is not a retail-only pack. MS service packs generally cover all media types, including retail and VL media. If you extract SP1, you will find support files for 5 media types, including Pro, Home and VL. If you then look at the update script, you can see that the updater tries to determine whether it is updating a Professional ("IP") or Home ("IC") disc, then it works out if this is a special version of Pro (e.g. Select or Eval). If it's one of these, then it is supposed to copy in the correct key algorithm files.

Those of you who were active in the beta scene around builds 2542 and 2600-Eval might recall that the key algorithm was contained in two files: PIDGEN.DLL and DPCDLL.DLL. In SP1, the Corp key algorithm is in two files called IPSELPID.DLL and IPSELDPC.DLL. If you rename and drop these two files into a slipstreamed XP, you'll have a working XP SP1 integrated install. I've tried this with SP1 Build 1090 and it works perfectly.

Originally posted by werejag

These two files are only for slipstreaming the ( Corporate Patched CD )

If the CD was not already Corporate patched this will not work for you.

Slipstream files for SP1 and XP1 Corp

-------------------------------------

1. Perform a normal slipstream update with your Corp XP

2. Copy these two files into your I386 directory and overwrite the existing files.

3. Burn CD!

XP SP1 is not a retail-only pack. MS service packs generally cover all media types, including retail and VL media. If you extract SP1, you will find support files for 5 media types, including Pro, Home and VL. If you then look at the update script, you can see that the updater tries to determine whether it is updating a Professional ("IP") or Home ("IC") disc, then it works out if this is a special version of Pro (e.g. Select or Eval). If it's one of these, then it is supposed to copy in the correct key algorithm files.

Those of you who were active in the beta scene around builds 2542 and 2600-Eval might recall that the key algorithm was contained in two files: PIDGEN.DLL and DPCDLL.DLL. In SP1, the Corp key algorithm is in two files called IPSELPID.DLL and IPSELDPC.DLL. If you rename and drop these two files into a slipstreamed XP, you'll have a working XP SP1 integrated install. I've tried this with SP1 Build 1090 and it works perfectly.

Ok, appreciate this info a lot

But, lemme ask you a few questions:

The main one is, how do I slipstream SP-1 (final) to XP Corp CD, and still use the Corp Keys? You wrote to make a normal slipstream of the SP, then replace the 2 files in the I386 folder. Which files? Do you mean PIDGEN.DLL and DPCDLL.DLL, or IPSELPID.DLL and IPSELDPC.DLL? Or am I missing a point here? Also, do I take these 2 files (whatever they are) from the original XP Corp CD?

PIDGEN.DLL and DPCDLL.DLL. from the directiory need to be renamed & replaced with IPSELPID.DLL and IPSELDPC.DLL from the sp1

and change the eula becuse it too is wrong

a fully corprate xp +sp1 disk ready for your corp key

( update in the sp1 folder has comand to slipstream)

example

1090_xpsp1.EXE -s:d:cdstream

"d:cdstream" is the folder i had the cd files

"-s:" is the commnand switch

"1090_xpsp1.EXE" is the original sp1.exe file

Originally posted by werejag

PIDGEN.DLL and DPCDLL.DLL. from the directiory need to be renamed & replaced with IPSELPID.DLL and IPSELDPC.DLL from the sp1

and change the eula becuse it too is wrong

a fully corprate xp +sp1 disk ready for your corp key

Ok, I slipstream the SP. This updates the original I386 folder.

Then I take PIDGEN.DLL and DPCDLL.DLL. from the updated I386, rename them to something (to what, or doesnt matter?), then take IPSELPID.DLL (from where exactly?) and copy it as PIDGEN.DLL to the updated I386, then take IPSELDPC.DLL from the same location and copy it to the updated I386 folder as DPCDLL.DLL? Or am I wrong again?