Wireless question...

Hey guys,

If i get a wireless card for my PC. Can i set it up that my PC goes online over my iBook? With the iBook being connected to a normal LAN cable that goes to my ADSL modem. The iBook has a AirPort Extreme card built in.

I saw the option to create a Computer-to-Computer network in the AirPort options, so i was just wondering if it's possible to set up a windows machine to go online over it then. :whistle:

Yes you can set up a network on the iBook using the airport card, activate the internet sharing feature on the ibook, and then connect to the netowork with your pc and surf the web.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a note, I've done it now but decided to set it up to go through the PC rather than the PC going through the iBook. More logical anyway since I can take the iBook with me around my house now. Only downside is that my PC has to be on, so it's noisy. :pinch:

You can buy a wifi router without the adsl portion for cheap at compusa. I bought a linksys and just got a rebate e-mail. It was almost free if I remember.

Did you take a look at the 'from' field left of my posts? :rolleyes: :p