IE7 Beta 2 Preview build 5299

Add this in notepad and save it as a *.reg file

then import to the registry

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{DF81174C-0C8B-4A18-8FF7-9FAB5627CCFD}]
"DisplayName"="Google"
"URL"="http://www.google.com/search?q={searchTerms}&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8"

Thanks for the info joa & Tokar :D . How do I import it into the registry, joa? Sorry for the noob question :blush: .

PSG22

I see. Is that the only way to get Google inside the search box in the browser? Anyway, thank you for the quick reply. I appreciate it :yes: .

PSG22

I don't know how, but when I installed this beta 2 preview I had google as the default search engine, and I didn't even do anything, and no I don't have the toolbar. wierd I know. :rofl:

hinz

For those that have the latest and want Google as a search option add this to the registry.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\Google]

"DisplayName"="Google"

"URL"="http://www.google.com/search?query={searchTerms}&invocationType=msie70a"

"SortIndex"=dword:00000012

OMG wtf is that. Looks like crap, how the hell is joe noob going to understand tha UI?

WTF with you?

you have more than 4,000 posts and still posting comments like a 8 years old kid?

Thanks for the info joa & Tokar :D . How do I import it into the registry, joa? Sorry for the noob question :blush: .

PSG22

Doubleclick the .reg file ;)

And what is your point? I'm not going to sit here and comment like I'm a snob and have something shoved up my rear end. I call it like I see it and I posted like that since these boards are censored.

BTW where is the File, edit bar?

WTF with you?

you have more than 4,000 posts and still posting comments like a 8 years old kid?

It's a FireFox Fanboy that look at a browser that have badly tried to copy FF :rofl:

Doubleclick the .reg file ;)

Thank you for the help, joa :D :yes: . I appreciate it. To supernova_00, I've read your post and I believe you were saying how an average user would be able to use IE7. But the way you express your words are not exactly good, especially for minors browsing Neowin. IE7 and all other products should deserve respect - even if they do not live up to expectations. Just like how you respect other people in the real world, swearing is not something that is very mature to say. I apologise if you find this offensive but that is my opinion of your post.

PSG22

File/Edit/View is accessed by hitting the ALT key as it is hidden.

A warning for anyone attempting to do the iexplore.exe.local hack to avoid installing IE7, rather running it after extracting the IE7 EXE package:

Do NOT reset all the web settings to default while in IE7. If you do this you will mess up IE6 pretty seriously. I already did this and know first hand :p.