IE7 Beta 2 Preview build 5299

MSNBC.com does not render correctly all, as do some other sites.

I would guess that this is not a feature complete Beta Release and was designed to test some changes but it is the Beta 2 branch.

I would guess that we would see the "true" beta 2 release in the next few weeks.

seems faster than ie 6.0 sp2, so far it hasn't crashed and i did a lot with it

im not going back to ie 6.0 unless i find sumthin wrong with ie7 5299 :)

i still can't believe microsoft didn't put this build up on microsoft connect :(

^yup... but my desktop icon didnt update... or is it not suppose to cause the quick launch one did....

"repair" your icon cache with the tweakUI powertoy from ms.

seems faster than ie 6.0 sp2, so far it hasn't crashed and i did a lot with it

im not going back to ie 6.0 unless i find sumthin wrong with ie7 5299 :)

i still can't believe microsoft didn't put this build up on microsoft connect :(

Why is it so hard to believe. IE and Office builds only get posted at the major milestones this is a pre-beta 2 build (EX: beta 2 candidate build) and not the final beta 2 build.

Oh no.... I'm having majour problems after installing this. I've had to do a restore because a lot of stuff like AVG stopped working. And I lost my Star Wars: Empire at War demo oh well..... thankgod for firefox.

and what about the OFFICIAL release?

when is it coming out?

we dont really know. the only dates anyone (publicly) is giving are guesses. I would however expect to see a simultanious release of Vista beta 2 and IE 7 beta 2 (because the builds are syncronised)

There are some good points and some bad ones about this build for me

I like the new favourites centre and how it combines history favourites and feeds

I don't like how we are given no control over the order of favourites apart from alphabetically as i really need by date.

The search bar is handy but I wish it could be customised to highlight words on a page when you are searching for something on a site without having to bring up the old find box

I don't like the positioning of the toolbar or the buttons and its annoying they can not be changed as Im having to look in new places for them

The new Tab button is a little strange and it opens to a blank page, would be better if it could be customised.

I love the quick tabs button

There you don't have to go to my blog 404down.com

Thats the direct download

I didnt mean that, i think posting any links to closed bets isint allowed :s

the quicktabs feature is so much like firefox's showcase extention lol. I like it though. Any one else?

ok, tried it for 1hour...

it's a very poor step forward for IE... this build is full of bugs and errors.

Interface is very bad... customization is minimal...

Microsoft should try harder or dump IE for good... with Firefox and Opera available for free IE stands no chance...

ok, tried it for 1hour...

it's a very poor step forward for IE... this build is full of bugs and errors.

Interface is very bad... customization is minimal...

Microsoft should try harder or dump IE for good... with Firefox and Opera available for free IE stands no chance...

yea, thats a good idea; let's dump our product and give in to the competition. :rolleyes: