• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

'Bubble' - New "Movies"' Concept

Nexus    0

I read this article and thought that would be great. But then I read farther into the article and this paragraph p*ssed me off, the part that says "Since when is it a constitutional right that you can have everything you want all on the same day?" So all of a sudden its constitutional to make people pay twice (movie theatre and DVD release).

So what does everyone else think. Do you like the new concept of the same release date?

The way it works now, a hit movie plays in theaters for six weeks or so. Four months later it comes out on DVD. After DVD sales have maxed out, the movie shows up on a pay cable channel, such as HBO, and eventually on free TV. The studios make billions of dollars using this system. HBO and the networks pay them?and you pay them twice, buying a ticket and then the DVD. They worry that if you could buy a DVD on opening weekend, they'd get your money only once. "Since when is it a constitutional right that you can have everything you want all on the same day?" says the studio head. But if that's what the consumer prefers ... "Well, I'd prefer a beach house in Malibu, but that doesn't mean I get one."i>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10853264/site/newsweek/