GF Wants a Digital Camera

Hi

My gf is looking for a camera, and of course it somehow became my responsability to help her :pinch:

Is there any camera out there worth buying?

conditions:

- first-time digital owner, so something around 200 euros. A little more is ok if the camera is really worth it.

- will be used mostly in automatic

- must shoot videos WITH sound

- must have optical zoom (2x and upwards)

- GOOD IMAGE QUALITY! :yes:

So far, i've found the Canon A520 for 162 euros in amazon ( i wanna stay with well-known stores), it seems like a nice choice. what do you think?

Thanks a lot!

Edit: I forgot to mention... bare minimum is 3 mp, but 4+ would be much, much better

Edited by jgrodri

You can't go wrong with Canon and Nikon P&S

check the comparison I've just made

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_po...cp4600&show=all

Nikon coolpix 4600 is also very nice but if your gf wants to make videos, the canon model is slightly better

But with Nikon, you don't have to buy rechargeable batteries because it comes with their own format battery with charger

At that price, 4+MP will be hard to find

Canon all the way. There really isnt anything else worth looking at, simple to use, excellent build and image quality, great auto modes and enough manual controls to be flexible. The one you found is a decent camera, you might want to check out the Ixus range as well, especially the ixus50 which is TINY and will fit in her bag :p

^^^

She actually likes the Ixus very much.... she told me about the ixus 40, this point&shoot models are exactly what i'm looking for here, no hassles. :)

For a beginner, just about any camera is cool. Even Kodak's, with their Easy Share camera docks are a cool toy! The more mega pixels and optical/digital zoom you can afford, the better though.

The nikon looks really nice!!!!!!

Thanks a lot pink floyd

If you've had the chance to try it, do you like it's picture quality?

I've never tried it but Nikon and Canon at the same range price are same quality.

They are both known to release awsome cameras