Can't Compare Kobe and MJ

kobe and MJ are similer players. young MJ was like kobe(ball hog). a young MJ could have never socre 81 points. at any Age MJ couldnt stick 81 points. and the Ds are weaker now is just stupit since the big Guys now are bigger and faster, they have more options in D now. im not say now Ds are better but we just dont know.but MJ was just a offence player in the 80's. but he did get help from the team(didint make any player better) his team won 3 chapionships with him(then he came back for 3 more). then made the playoffs once at less of the 2 years MJ was gone could the lakers make the playoffs in 2 year with out kobe, no. the lakers are # 8 seed at best now, how was the bulls in the 80's.

but MJ is better then kobe

Your reply is full of misinformation. First of all, defense almost doesn't exist in the NBA anymore. It's all about offense now and anyone who pays any attention to the game will tell you that. The simple fact that no one really went after Kobe proves it. While it may not be all that nice, 10 years ago, Kobe would have gone to the floor at least once when he attempted to drive it in and, if he didn't slow down then, he would have gone down yet again. Second of all, how long has Kobe been in the league? At this point in his career, Jordan was much further along that Kobe is now. Finally, could the Lakers make the playoffs without Kobe? Well, how about looking at the fact that there's a good chance they won't make it WITH him.

How many titles did the BUlls win before Jordan came? How many during his two year hiatus to play baseball? How many since he left? Yeah I think he MIGHT have made that team better. What did TOny Kukoc do without Jordan in his career? And Pippen, while a good player, rode Jordan's coattails to those titles. MJ and Kobe aren't even in the same stratospheric level. Like I said, just look at the numbers and awards/titles. Kobe's very near his peak right now. 27 is pretty close to a player's athletic peak. Sure he may become a better palyer head-wise but pure athletic ability he's right around that peak age. His numbers will never be better than this year and he'll still be well off of any Jordan-esque pace for his career. And he got a four (or three?) year head-start.

First of all, defense almost doesn't exist in the NBA anymore

the 2 teams that played each other in the finals were the best Ds in the leage

and how many forms of D are in the NBA vs the NBA 15 years ago

10 years ago, Kobe would have gone to the floor at least once when he attempted to drive it in and, if he didn't slow down then, he would have gone down yet again

25 and 30 years before jordan came in the leage players didnt jump that high because they will get their feet knock form the bottom of them does that mean jerry west or mr 100(you all know who i mean) is better jordan, no.i will agree with you on one thing, well two things. MJ is better then kobe and players now dont know how to play D(well alot of them are coming out of collage 2 or 3 years in and from High School were points are 1st and D is 2nd) if a player from HS plays a player from collage(if they are both 19)who will be better at D.

At this point in his career, Jordan was much further along that Kobe is now

not further along, just better then kobe. and kobe wasnt the leader of his team like jordan was.

at the start of kobe's career he had eddie jones(a player that people compare to MJ at the start of his career and also had a similer style to kobe to show him how to play with this ablilities)and shaq(the team leader).

Finally, could the Lakers make the playoffs without Kobe? Well, how about looking at the fact that there's a good chance they won't make it WITH him

that is why i put "the lakers are # 8 seed at best now"

and is their any laker now that is better then Pippen( i wouldnt say kobe is since they both won nothing with out the one "big" Peace

i thought you meant kobe and mj (michael jackson) lol. of course you cant compare. mj was innocent and kobe was a rapist

Best post in the thread (not literally) :laugh:

my comments are not accurate in this matter as im a michael jordan fanboy. he was like a god to us basketballers in the past. i even had a poster of him as the 8th wonder of the world.

kobe? i like kobe beef better. :whistle:

Everything you said is basically a complete reversal from what you said the first time around.

the 1st thing was MJ couldnt score 80 points

the 2nd thing was that mj was better(all around) then kobe

the 1st thing about D was that their are new formations and ideas of Ds.and the players now are better athlets now.

the 2nd thing about D was that players dont know D, but D now is very important and is still played. did MJ play a D like the pistons or spurs last year and year before that( the pistons would have shut down MJ like they did with kobe but MJ would have play D.