• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Nintendo DS Lite

moloko    186

I am really looking forward to this upgrade. The better screen that is to be included (same as new SP?) would be awsome. I still think I will get the first generation then give it to my wife when the new one comes out.

crazy@5$    0

looks like it'll only be around $140 US $10 more than the original. Hopefully EB will have a good trade in deal! :D. adjustable brightness looks awesome, here's hoping that it will include some firmware update as well. (Online Pictochat, anyone ? :shifty: )

Amnesia    0

There were a few more pics on http://www.widgx.com

The site seems to be down at the moment, when it's up I'll post the pics here.

Aids    0

I was just looking at IGN, and am finally happy about the announcement.

I figured since day one Nintendo planned on making the DS smaller, hence why they released it so big. And this is what I've been waiting for.

I was gonna wait until May's E3 to see if they'd make any announcements, but looks like they saved me some time. Just hope they release it soon in America, I'll definetly pick one up on release day.

Chanser    0

Oooh will have to get this, been waiting for the redeign since last year. :D

Looks more like a Game & Watch. :)

faraway.    0

Well, looks like I am picking this one up. Might have to sell my current DS.

icecaveman    0

Good thing I didn't purchase a DS already. However this seems to be still few months away, considering there are no photos. perhaps released around the same time as revolution.

yankee lion    0

Ah, I wonder how many redesigns we'll get by the end of the DS's life. I'm betting on around 5.

Sucks for Sony though, they can't really redesign the PSP.

Raum    1

The most times any Gameboy has been re-designed so far is once. Unless you count a brighter screen in the SP as a re-design.

Personally I'm dissapointed. All these re-designed DS rumours ended up being true, but it's just slightly smaller and lighter, looks better, has adjustable brightness and has worse start / select button placement.

I was hoping for something more ergonomic, less clunky feeling etc. Looks like I'll be passing this re-design up, because it doesn't really offer anything I care about compared to my current DS.

Damn. Let down. Oh well.

MGS4-SS    0

I've been milked again by Nintendo!

Sure looks sweet, I think I'll trade in my old DS for this one.

kevcart3    0

Yep, looks like I might consider picking up one of these, they look really cool, have to find somewhere to et rid of my current ds at though :p

zachman123    0

Wow. If it comes in black, I might just have to get one to match my PSP.

Xerus    0

I'll wait for more colors I guess. I dont have a problem with the current DS design though... =|

Whoa. I'm 1337 ;D!

Danrarbc    1

i reckon ill get one of these... wonder how this will compare to the psp in size :rolleyes:

The DS is already really close to the PSP in size, and this is quite a bit smaller than the original DS.

It's safe to say it's a good amount smaller than the PSP.

icecaveman    0

The most times any Gameboy has been re-designed so far is once. Unless you count a brighter screen in the SP as a re-design.

Personally I'm dissapointed. All these re-designed DS rumours ended up being true, but it's just slightly smaller and lighter, looks better, has adjustable brightness and has worse start / select button placement.

I was hoping for something more ergonomic, less clunky feeling etc. Looks like I'll be passing this re-design up, because it doesn't really offer anything I care about compared to my current DS.

Damn. Let down. Oh well.

There was Gamboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP and Gameboy Advance Micro, more than 2 completely different designs.

The thing that really bothers me is I "think" I remember reading it from Nintendo representive there WOULD BE NO REDESIGNS OF NINTENDO DS. Guess that's was wrong then :argh:

GoogleNinja    0

Looks nice. Anybody want to buy a PSP? ;)

Brw2KX    0

The DS is already really close to the PSP in size, and this is quite a bit smaller than the original DS.

It's safe to say it's a good amount smaller than the PSP.

DS: 148.7mm X 84.7mm X 28.9mm weighs 275g

DS Lite: 133mm X 73.9mm x 21.5mm weighs 218g

Psp: 170mm X 74 mm x 23 mm weighs 280g

giga    46

DS: 148.7mm X 84.7mm X 28.9mm weighs 275g

DS Lite: 133mm X 73.9mm x 21.5mm weighs 218g

Psp: 170mm X 74 mm x 23 mm weighs 280g

Can you say suh-weet! :o :D

magik    25

Not much of a difference, I don't see the point in getting it.

icecaveman    0

Not much of a difference, I don't see the point in getting it.

If's that much of a difference it was too large for me before the lite version, now however it's small enough so it should fit my pockets easier.

dt    2

Hmm, Tetris and Metroid come out on March 20th in the US. Looks like a good day to launch new hardware to me (I know it's a big conclusion to jump to, but DS was quick to reach across the Pacific the first time)

Hmm

They really should bundle the new Tetris game with every DS Lite.

Wifi connection OUT OF THE BOX (without needing an extra game) is gonna be kickass and will probably boost sales even more :yes:

But then again even without a game bundled it'd still sell a ton of systems

BroChaos    1

how old is the original DS? i would be ****ed if i bought one, and then they release something better. but thats assuming the original DS has only been out less than a year in the US.

x-byte    94

Nobody is forcing you to buy it if you already own one... Jeezz.. If you want one, then buy it, if not, then don't.

l77Il7H    0

Personally I think this fake one is better:

you have horrible taste. :D

if the dslite will come to usa, i'll buy it!

Steffan    93

I'm going to keep my mario kart edition. I still have an original gameboy (which I play from time to time). I'm surprised nintendo decided to redesign it this early after the release.