Chemical question

well last year i was sitting in chem and wondering something and i havent found my answer on google.

My question is.

If you mix bleach with urine. what is that gas that forms from it. cause awhile back i had a dog, and i was to lazy to clean up the mess in the bathroom it made. so i poured bleach on it. It almost made me black out. I was wondering if that was a toxic gas, or just something that took up all the oxygen and caused me to feel like i was blacking out. Also what compound would that be.

well last year i was sitting in chem and wondering something and i havent found my answer on google.

My question is.

If you mix bleach with urine. what is that gas that forms from it. cause awhile back i had a dog, and i was to lazy to clean up the mess in the bathroom it made. so i poured bleach on it. It almost made me black out. I was wondering if that was a toxic gas, or just something that took up all the oxygen and caused me to feel like i was blacking out. Also what compound would that be.

Off topic, but you were too lazy to clean up the mess, but poured bleach on it. What did you hten do with the bleach/mess mixture? Mopped it up I would think. So why no just mop up the mess?

I think there are a number of toxic substances that can be produced when ammonia and bleach are mixed. Chlorine gas (The one that almost made you black out), and some nitrogen chlorine type things probably some other stuff too. I would make sure that area is cleaned up properly to be rid of any potentially dangerous stuff.

Off topic, but you were too lazy to clean up the mess, but poured bleach on it. What did you hten do with the bleach/mess mixture? Mopped it up I would think. So why no just mop up the mess?

at the time i had the flu and didnt really feel up to even whipping it up. so after it was well cleaned in my sense i left the room turned fan on and sat on couch and dozed off. My mom cleaned the rest up. needless to say i had a nasty headache after that.