Luna Element 5

I liked it, very nice em3!

However, that yellow color in the icons as some people have already mentioned is pretty horrible, do you plan to make a 5.1 with this fix?

Thanks for your work

How can I change this???

search google for JASMIM 3D COLOR CHANGER, or just go to DISPLAY PROPERTIES - ADVANCED APPEARANCE

then change the color from SELECTED ITEM

try blue/white, black/white...

I loved all the previous Luna Element releases, but this one I don't like, the start button is nice, but it could be more defined for lack of a better word. The highlight color I'm not really liking. And the light blue ring around buttons also isn't doing it for me. I'll be sticking with LE4 till there's some update, but thanks for sharing EM3.

I like the selections even though some icons turn green/yellow, it's light and easy compared to the heavy look in LE4. I can't make it all perfect. The theme is finished so if there is something you don't like you'll have to fix it yourself. To be hones I think most startbuttons people make doesn't match. They totally destroy the flow of the theme.

A very nice theme. I have 4 slight comments. The pane color in "Wireless Connections" & "Search Companion" is not matching the theme:

post-110047-1138387287.jpg

post-110047-1138387316.jpg

And the "Selected Items" Color (light blue) somehow feels awkward when you use the black LE5 style. Lastly the green progress bar seems out of place - maybe make it orange like the pane headlines?

Can these be fixed / modified in an update?

Edited by Knacki99

how do you adjust the space for the start button? so that it doesnt cut half of it off when using the le4 one!

ALSO DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY PLANS TO SQUARE OFF THE BORDERS AND CAPTIONS LIKE WAS DONE FOR LE4

A very nice theme. I have 4 slight comments. The pane color in "Wireless Connections" & "Search Companion" is not matching the theme:

And the "Selected Items" Color (light blue) somehow feels awkward when you use the black LE5 style. Lastly the green progress bar seems out of place - maybe make it orange like the pane headlines?

Can these be fixed / modified in an update?

Here's an answer to part of your question(s):

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=587078076

Very nice theme em3!! I agree however that in the black scheme the select color looks out of place..that also goes for the menu drop down arrow, also in the black scheme. Everything else is awesome. mycket bra mann!

Lovely theme! but I was surprised to see that it had the same small flaw LE4 has. When you go to Search, the left section where search companion is is blue, even in the Black style. (Check attached screen shot of the area I'm talking about in Blue style. I can't post a screenshot of the actual problem in Black style coz I fixed it by mingling with ExplorerBar Gradient colors in ResEdit)

This is the area that needs to be fixed for Black style:

[ExplorerBar]
BgType = BorderFill
BorderSize = 0
ContentMargins = 12, 12, 12, 12
FillType = VertGradient
GradientColor1 = 140 170 230
GradientColor2 = 100 135 220
GradientRatio1 = 0
GradientRatio2 = 255

I fixed it as:

[ExplorerBar]
BgType = BorderFill
BorderSize = 0
ContentMargins = 12, 12, 12, 12
FillType = VertGradient
GradientColor1 = 38 40 51
GradientColor2 = 44 48 63
GradientRatio1 = 0
GradientRatio2 = 255

post-129272-1138389701_thumb.jpg

here are values for Full Startbutton Set.

You can change them in ResEdit opening theme file and open TEXTFILE folder in left column.

you need to change values in

NORMALBLUE_INI

NORMALBLUEC_INI

NORMALBLACK_INI

NORMALBLACKC_INI

Open NORMALBLUE_INI and find in text:

[start::Button]

BgType = ImageFile

ContentMargins = -56, 105, 0, 0 <--- change this values to -65, 128, 0 ,0

Open NORMALBLUEC_INI and find in text:

BgType = ImageFile

ContentMargins = -56, 90, 0, 0 <--- change this values to -65, 113, 0 ,0

Open NORMALBLACK_INI and find in text:

BgType = ImageFile

ContentMargins = -56, 105, 0, 0 <--- change this values to -65, 124, 0 ,0

Open NORMALBLACKC_INI and find in text:

BgType = ImageFile

ContentMargins = -56, 90, 0, 0 <--- change this values to -65, 111, 0 ,0

You use that annoying search companion? :p I would never notice because I use the classic 2000-style search instead of the Windows XP default. (When I'm not using their add-on Desktop Search Utility)

If your fix works, nice one. ;)

Is it just me or does it look the same as alot of other themes?

I mean it's nice, but just as nice as all the others are.

If i'm wrong then i'm sorry.

Just a bit perplexed.

nothing in particular sticks out about this theme. i don't understand what all the fuss is about.

to me the 2nd one was the best, and even that wasn't much more than a luna mod. it just seems to be getting worse and worse the more it is worked on.