Luna Element 5

I agree. The selection colors should be colors that are already used in other parts of the VS. Light grey is used nowhere...

There are a lot of stuff in the theme that has no color. I thought that the gray looked good becase the menus are white. And the blue text gave a nice feel to it imo. Btw. the tracksliders are gray when you click on them. :p

it's funny... been using 5 all day, and can't let go of 4. I think it's the green start button. After all this time with 4, it is actually distracting me.

How crazy is that?!

I do like 5, but I can't leave my lover, 4. :blush:

Peace,

Matt

ps

oh yes, I also hate baby blue with a seething passion. Oh well! But, seriously; I consider this a new art form, it's not like I want to look at Guernica all day, and it's not like I want to watch the last episode of Twin Peaks over and over again.

PPS

For all you looking for a great wallpaper:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/16704340/

I liked this "Start-Button" better :( ...

post-147955-1138386478.jpg

Ditto, those start buttons are much nicer, IMO....Can they be changed w/ ResEdit? If so, looks like I'll be learning how to use it...

I really like the new "Luna Element 5" release I just don't particulary care for that "start button".

I thought the earlier idea with the square "Start-Button" with no text was perfect (others I believe agree on this also. The Vista Orb concept also being thrown around, although I find less original then even the one out now), this new one is less original IMO. Due to the fact that it resembles Windows XP Media Center's. I thought it was more original with your previous idea since this visual style represents an improvement in Luna's visual concept, and not just using what already exists with a slight change.

I'm not trying to cause conflict here, I truly appreciate your effort and find the Visual Style to be 99.9% perfect in my eyes, I just really prefered some of your earlier concepts such as the previous idea for the Start-Button, I also slightly prefered the dotted resize box in the corner over the one with lines.

Your originality truly shows in this update and shows improvement and evolution from the previous "Luna Element 4". However, I felt those two previous concepts showed more originality.

I realize that I could edit this on my own for personal use, and might do if more free time is available. I'm just throwing around some of my thoughts, I know you can't please everyone.

Here is a test version with another selection color. Icons don't turn green and it doesn't look to bad imo. Try it out and let me know.

FYI Only blue version is updated.

Nice change..but you should really apply this to the black scheme mate. And dont forget about the menu drop down arrow color when you hover over it in the black scheme.

em3 nice skin i've finally gotten back into skinning after 3 years (using them that is)

To others: How do I change the start button icon? using ResEdit? I just see a lot of text values to change, anyone know of a guide I can follow?

And anyway to change the light blue selector?

Thank-You

The selection is fixed now, at least for the blue version. Download available at deviantArt, link in the first post.

I didn't change the black because removing colors in a black style for gray shades is just wrong.

Have to say that v5 was a plesant suprise and a definitive improvement in my eyes. But will have to square it of and tweak it a bit like with v4 but thats a part of all the fun.

Great work em3!

em3 nice skin i've finally gotten back into skinning after 3 years (using them that is)

To others: How do I change the start button icon? using ResEdit? I just see a lot of text values to change, anyone know of a guide I can follow?

And anyway to change the light blue selector?

Thank-You

Yeah, I'll create a simple one and upload it to LEnet tonight. It's not hard at all.

You guys don't need to edit it or change the theme itself to fix the highlighted icons, all you need to do is right click your desktop, choose Appearance. Click Advanced, click the box that is titled "Items". Then switch it to Selectable Items. Then put Color 1 to Dark Blue, then Color 2 to white. There you go, fixed. Awesome theme EM3. :)

i love luna element :) its the bestest

I myself just like a style shell, and a custom start button. Thats about it.

the LE4 Black start button was the greatest IMO, Imma try to mod it for the blue.

LE3 Royale was also a favorite of mine.

Great work Em3, I love it!

You guys don't need to edit it or change the theme itself to fix the highlighted icons. :)

Cool done this however instead of black I did a grey colour.

Anyone know how I can make the blue selector I get in the start menu a grey/black colour like in LE4?