[OFFICIAL] X360 Dashboard/Game Updates

November 31st, 2006

Dashboard Update (aka the 1080p fix) w

The next time you sign into Xbox Live, you?ll be prompted for a dashboard update. The update contains:

* Improved support for HD video output over VGA, including 1080p resolution

* Improved plug and play performance for wired headsets when being used with wireless controllers

* Changes made to recently played games list to improve accuracy

This update is being rolled out across the world, so you may not get it exactly at this moment, so be patient.

Lumines Live! Advance Challenge pack availableack available[/color]

The first add-on pack for Lumines Live!, the Advance Challenge pack, is available It?s 50.57MB in size and you get 20 all-new skins and a new leaderboard for Advance Challenge mode for 600MP?s.

The advance Challenge pack for Lumines Live adds some edge to the Base Pack with more challenging gameplay and 20 all-new skins! After clearing your favorite skins in Skin Edit mode, customised your gameplay experience! Don?t miss out on your chance to own these fresh, cool skins. Lumines Live! is currently available on the Xbox Live Arcade for 1200MP.

[/color]

The Lost Planet trailer that got released on the Marketplace during the Bringing It Home campaign has now been extended with added clips of the single and multiplayer side of things. There is also now a message right at the end for all those that bothered to view it right through (and come on, why wouldn?t you?). It seems a multiplayer demo is on the way!

The video is worth anyones time. It isn?t very long, and right at the end of the video it displays a coded message. After deciphering it, it reads ?Multiplayer demo coming Winter 2006″ (the code is actually words in French). They have already given us a single player demo which, while it took some getting used to (for me), was actually hugely enjoyable. So with a multiplayer demo on its way, everyone can then truely make an informed decision as to whether to get the game or not, since we would have tried all the main parts of the game! Lets just hope that it isn?t as bad as the Prey multiplayer demo; now that didn?t warrant a purchase!

-----------------------------------------------------------------Current Dashboard Version:

Current Dashboard Version:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please keep in mind: [/color] The contents of this thread are pruned monthly to help the load time and to better sort the topic.

Edited by oddcrap

Backwards compatible Mode? More games?

Today, the Xbox team released a mandatory update for the Xbox 360 dashboard. This free update, is now available over Xbox Live. There are no new features in this release, but rather a series of fixes and enhancements. Some of the items the update addresses are:

• Improved logic around deciding if saved games should be deleted and offer the option to only delete the profile and to leave all save data.
  • Users reporting blank Friends List on the Xbox 360 dash after muting a friend while playing a game in
  • Backwards Compatibility mode.
  • Improved synching of games played to Web and in console.
  • Network settings: keyboard does now allow entry of - (dash) character in the keyboard.

Still on the old patch im afraid... Patience is a virtue?

I am off from work these next two days so I am actually home, and my question is this update supposed to just happen automatically?

I just fired up my 360, I am in the dashboard signed into Live and nothing has updated on it's own.

Do I have to go somewhere to get it?

TIA

Also oddcrap, where did you get that Signatre for your gamer card?

I like the design way better than the one I am using now.

This is what im wondering,, i even played a game on xbox live to see if i would get the update.. nope. ,, all the sites say that its avaliable tho.

I am off from work these next two days so I am actually home, and my question is this update supposed to just happen automatically?

I just fired up my 360, I am in the dashboard signed into Live and nothing has updated on it's own.

TIA

TIA

Same I didn't recieve an update either.

Strange.

I checked the Marketplace, Arcade (for no good reason I might add) Signed Out of Live manually they Signed in again and I still do not see anything.

For the people who got it did it let you know there was an update?

Or did it just update it in the background?

The reason I asked is when I first fired the 360 up, it did take about 2 minutes to pop up and say I was signed into Live. But it said nothing at all about an update or anything like that.

Improved logic around deciding if saved games should be deleted and offer the option to only delete the profile and to leave all save data.

could have used that 2 days ago just deleted all my game saves :(

It just told me i had to update to sign in to xbox live, perhaps it's some kind of bandwidth management method they are using to prevent xbox users downloading beyond their servers capacity.

/k

I signed out of simon286 and signed in as simeandrews (I own both accounts, simeandrews didn't keep my gamerscore when I set it up, so I changed my simon profile to a name that would be available). I got the update instantly, but Star Wars Battlefront still doesn't work :cry:

Thanks. (Y)

And still no update here. signed in and out about 5 times.

Who knows really what is going on.

I guess I will get it when I get it.

Thanks. (Y)

And still no update here. signed in and out about 5 times.

Who knows really what is going on.

I guess I will get it when I get it.

Have you tried turning off your xbox completely, or played a game on live instead of just signing out? I just turned mine on when I got home and it automatically popped up a sexy box :huh: