[OFFICIAL] X360 Dashboard/Game Updates

Just a word on the backwards compatibility patches, according to an article posted on the xbox 360 updates site a few weeks ago there won't be a patch released til March/April time.

xbox360 updates

Microsoft to Halt Backwards Compatibility Until March or April??

According to activexbox, Microsoft has stated that there will be a halt on any further backwards compatibility additions until at least March or April. This comes as a big disappointment to all those who were anxiously watching some of the upcoming Xbox titles such as Black.

We've been informed today that there are going to be no more Backward Compatibility updates released for the Xbox 360 until March at the earliest. Microsoft's David Reid has stated that the team who do the BC work are on holiday throughout January and will start work on priority titles when they return. But from what it sounds like, there will be only a few more updates released through 2006.

This will come as a disappointment to many new Xbox 360 users, not only because the lack of new 360 titles but also any new plain Xbox titles they may like the look of (Black for example) will not work on their shiny new 360. It is no wonder less Xbox games are being sold now.

Just got the update now, all I did was put Need for Speed Most Wanted in to play. When it started up it prompted me to install the update.

Edited by insomniac9

Just a word on the backwards compatibility patches, according to an article posted on the xbox 360 updates site a few weeks ago there won't be a patch released til March/April time.

xbox360 updates

actually that was false news, they rebuffed that on the official xbox forums...

actually that was false news, they rebuffed that on the official xbox forums...

Oh! That's good news then, I was depressed when I first read it as I thought I would be in for a long wait to play alot of my games on the 360. I'm hoping they bring out the bc updates soon.

xbox360 updates

Just got the update now, all I did was put Need for Speed Most Wanted in to play. When it started up it prompted me to install the update.

For now, I'm just going by what's been posted on the official xbox site, and confirmed sources.

Edited by oddcrap

man, i'm really dissapointed- i was really convinced they were going to include background downloads in this update, how much longer do we gotta wait til' we can do that? :( but anyway- update worked like a charm glad that they are at least updating/ tending to bugs etc. :yes:

It must just have been a freak thing or something, :wacko: as I did everything from restarting the console to signing out of live several times, to launching the game, quitting it, etc.

Then it just finally updated on it's own. As I was playing King Kong I got a little pop up saying I was Disconnected From Live. When I went to the Dashboard the Updater automatically appeared. Ran it then restarted my console.

Slightly OT (but the update got me thinking about it),]/b] but I did not think it was worthy of a whole new thread, Is there any button(s) that you can hold during boot up that will make it go straight to the dashboard instead of launching the disk every-time if a disk is in the drive? Or is there any place in the settings to change it?

Lol looks like the "real" reason for this patch was to block that Kiosk disc from working. Remember that leaked Kiosk disc that would boot even when burned to a dvd-r/other media because it was unsigned? It won't work any longer, guess that explains this patch more then anything else.

Slightly OT (but the update got me thinking about it),]/b] but I did not think it was worthy of a whole new thread, Is there any button(s) that you can hold during boot up that will make it go straight to the dashboard instead of launching the disk every-time if a disk is in the drive? Or is there any place in the settings to change it?

I thought about something like this...At least putting something in the Console Settings, but then I started thinking that if they do that, it might lead to some soft of hack via hotswapping...

I thought about something like this...At least putting something in the Console Settings, but then I started thinking that if they do that, it might lead to some soft of hack via hotswapping...

its on the official wish list on the xbox forums. almost everyone agrees, booting to the dash board would be a great feature. I mean, why put it there unless you can boot to it. I find my self just hitting the eject button on the remote everytime because i go to the dashboard and browse things or play a xbl arcade game for awhile before i play any of my 360 games..

Its weird because yesterday I turn on my 360 and no update was downloaded or installed. Anyone know why? I restarted the 360 to see if anything and nothing happend. Anyone know why this is going on? :( Thanks!

I just got prompted to install the CoD2 Patch. It doesn't look like it affects Online Multiplayer at all, I guess it fixes the Save Game bug, however. Hopefully it won't be too long for the Multiplayer Patch that they are working on to be released.

Edit: Confirmation...

Call of Duty 2 Patch: Fixes Save Game Corruption Bug

Infinity Ward and Activision have issued a Title Update that addresses the player progression loss issues associated with Call of Duty 2 on the Xbox 360. The team is continuing to work on additional updates and we will keep you posted."

Keep in mind that this patch pertains to the single-player campaign ONLY ? Infinity Ward is still working on a patch to address the lag issues currently found in the multiplayer modes.

So now you can "Continue Mission" or "Save & Quit" without worrying about losing your mission progress! The Multiplayer patch is still being worked on apparently.

Edited by magik

woohoo! now i finally feel safe to play cod2 single player. i was worried, so i hadn't started yet. can't wait for the mulitplayer update too.

i'm also all for a boot to dashboard option. i hate having to pop the disc out.

• 2 weeks later...

Connect360 updated.

The app itself or an update for the app through the dashboard?

If so what is the update about?

TIA, at work or I would do some more research to see if I can find out...

The app itself or an update for the app through the dashboard?

If so what is the update about?

TIA, at work or I would do some more research to see if I can find out...

Connect360 is a program which allows people with a Mac to stream media to their Xbox360.

More info at: Connect360 Developer's Website

VersionTracker: Connect360 for Mac OS X VersionTracker

AFAIK they are also working on a WindowsXP version, so as to provide an alternative for those of us with Windows XP systems instead of MCE Desktops.

More info at: Connect360 Developer's Website

VersionTracker: Connect360 for Mac OS X VersionTracker

AFAIK they are also working on a WindowsXP version, so as to provide an alternative for those of us with Windows XP systems instead of MCE Desktops.

Thanks for the info.

I was confused as to wether there was an update for the app already since I purchased it on Sunday night, but it is the same version os the one I already got. Best 10$ I ever spent, I highly recommend this app for anyone who has a 360 and a Mac. It worked like a champ right after I created an alias to my iTunes music Library.

Also very cool they are working on a XP version as well. (Y)