Playstation Live

Ps2.jpg

"President of Sony has made it clear that his company has an amibitious new online strategy."

"Cast aside any doubts and start gazing toward skyward, because thats where Sony is aiming with plans that go far beyond simple leaderboards and matchmaking."

"Sony has just delivered the final development hardware to U.S. game developers. We can confirm that developers have already begun meetings with Sony's support teams to make sure their games are compatible with the yet unnamed Online Service."

"Its very real, one source tells us. They (Sony) are dead serious about it. They've declared a full on assault on the latest version of Xbox Live!"

"The online service is being designed to also work with the PSP and its games. Think one, BIG Playstation network!"

From the new PSM. The full article is nowhere to be found...

thats pretty cool :) i really wanna see this system in person. it looks huge in pictures, and on that bbq web site.. but i think it would look really cool in my living room :p Humping my xbox 360 :rofl:

Sounds good!!!!!

But didnt Sony first say that they are not going to do a LIVE service

they might have it hidden which i hope it does...

but maybee they changed their minds after seeing that LIVE kicks A**

but if they found this out now? they have a long way to go this should have been part of the OG plan

The problem right now is that Sony doesnt have a clue what they are doing. Nothing is done with PS3, they BS about everything, then throw out a completely unpolished product. Same goes for Microsoft but on a smaller level. Im still getting PS3 but Im sick of how Sony works. PS2 was a joke IMO. A very sucessful joke.

i really cant choose between 360 and ps3, the only reason im gonna get a ps3 atm is cos its out when i want it, if i got a 360 now i'd feel behind the times... the xbox's live service was a huge advantage, if the ps3's live is as good/better i'll deffinately get that.

Well, there was a very good article in the latest Forbes which talked about the Cell and how Sony and IBM are going to reinvent the wheel. The article talked about having interactive movies and all kinds of technological innovation for the average consumer and the one thing I kept thinking was that the PS3 is the perfect...and pretty much only...shot for Sony to do what they want to do. You aren't going to sell millions upon millions of one particular TV or computer, but you will sell millions of gaming systems.

In short, Sony better put everything they have and then some into the PS3 because the promises being made and the amount of money various companies and corporations are putting on the line to invest in Cell technology is unbelievable. Of course PlayStation will have an online service, I don't see how that was ever debatable. The question is, can it dominate Xbox Live and get into enough households so Sony can unleash their next wave of technological ideas. I look at online services such as Xbox Live as a harpoon...the service is the hook, now they have to bring in the line.

The problem right now is that Sony doesnt have a clue what they are doing. Nothing is done with PS3, they BS about everything, then throw out a completely unpolished product. Same goes for Microsoft but on a smaller level. Im still getting PS3 but Im sick of how Sony works. PS2 was a joke IMO. A very sucessful joke.

Can you prove that? How was ps2 a joke? Was it over-hyped? yes....but a joke? how so? Sure PS2 had a fair share of its problems but ultimately you cant deny the success of the PS2 and the fact that its still a strong console.

How can you accuse Sony of not knowing what they are doing? really man you can't prove that NOTHING is done with the PS3 even if you are exagerating. :/

free?

It hasn't been officially state but i for one believe it will NOT be free, there is no way they can afford it. So im sure PS2 fans will not be able to use that "online is free" excuse anymore.

Here is the scan :

Final.jpg.xs.jpg

It hasn't been officially state but i for one believe it will NOT be free, there is no way they can afford it. So im sure PS2 fans will not be able to use that "online is free" excuse anymore.

Here is the scan :

Final.jpg.xs.jpg

Nintendo fans can use that escuse though :shifty:

Come on Sony, dish the dirt already and let us see what you gots unduh your sleeve!

Will it be good? Will it be crap? Will it actually exist?! :blink:

We'll find out next time on... "When consoles attack!"

I wish we had alot of concrete information, because the entire PS3 project feels really sloppy and thrown together.

And expensive, can't forget expensive. I'm going to be skipping the PS3 until my graduation year, when it's somewhere around $199, in 2008. I'm sure it'll be schweeeeeeet by then. :cool:

Can you prove that? How was ps2 a joke? Was it over-hyped? yes....but a joke? how so? Sure PS2 had a fair share of its problems but ultimately you cant deny the success of the PS2 and the fact that its still a strong console.

How can you accuse Sony of not knowing what they are doing? really man you can't prove that NOTHING is done with the PS3 even if you are exagerating:/:/

I said a very sucessful joke. Come on no one can say the PS2 is good. DRE crazy. Poor performance. 1/30 games were decent. 1/50 were good. Failed HD addon. Failed online service. So, whats good? Sales aren't everything in my mind.