Playstation Live

firen

I said a very sucessful joke. Come on no one can say the PS2 is good. DRE crazy. Poor performance. 1/30 games were decent. 1/50 were good. Failed HD addon. Failed online service. So, whats good? Sales aren't everything in my mind.

I agree, games matter right? PS2 had a handful of GREAT games and many many good games. The reason you see crap for PS2 is because of the large install base. The reason is, Sony did not see it being as important as it actually is today.

DPyro

Just because the PS2 had a whole load of crappy games doesnt make PS2 bad (just don't buy those games). All the games that I bought are good games, and I've never had a DRE ever (and I bought mine at launch). PS3 online service will be awesome (and free!). Anyone remember when Sony said they wouldn't make a handheld system too?

Liquid

Just because the PS2 had a whole load of crappy games doesnt make PS2 bad (just don't buy those games). All the games that I bought are good games, and I've never had a DRE ever (and I bought mine at launch). PS3 online service will be awesome (and free!). Anyone remember when Sony said they wouldn't make a handheld system too?

I love my PS2 though, but its mostly crap. yes, some great games are there but the hardware couldn't do what it was said to be capable of. Same is going to happen with PS3. What you saw isn't close. Infact its more of a next next gen thing. Sony lies through their teeth to get sales, only to let down its customers. It sickens me. The PSP, another great example. Wonderful piece of hardware. Flaws are there, and have yet to be fixed. Good games? Umm where? GTA isnt enough.

DPyro

Ya, Socom's pretty good though :p Not to mention the awesome homebrew thats out there. It's better than nothing. First, no second handheld I've owned (first was gamegear - had some decent games, but batterylife sucked and required like 8 AA batteries).

golazo
which talked about the Cell and how Sony and IBM are going to reinvent the wheel

isnt that what the emotion engine was supposed to do lol

Liquid

Again with the Sony and the lies.

mattmatik

Hey, hey, hey...don't shoot the messenger :)

I agree though, EE was supposed to revolutionize technology and as far as my EXTREMELY limited knowledge and following goes, it failed. I will say this though: in that article it mentioned several corporations whom are putting up millions of dollars to support and incorporate Cell into their infrastructure. I'm neither for or against Sony, I could care less about the "console wars" but when you have that kind of support and "potential", then you've got something going.

But you've also got ALOT of pressure to come through. We'll see what happens. The designers of the Cell processor even admitted the potential of Cell won't be realized for years and that the PS3 will hardly be a definitive example of what it can do. Maybe they are saving their asses with that comment, hehe? ;)

American Ninja

w00t! This is GREAT news!

PS3 will rule :D :yes:

firen

Again with the Sony and the lies.

They have been working on this with IBM and Toshiba for 5 years. It must do something good if those two companies are willing to support it. :)

mikebeech

man, i thought the other week they said there not doing online? and now they are? :s i hope they dont rush this system just to keep up with the competition and screw it up :no:

mAcOdIn

How the hell can someone say the PS2 was crap?

Gran Tourismo

Metal Gear Solid

Devil May Cry

Ico

Shadows of the Collosus

God of War

Frequency/Amplitude

Ace Combat

Virtua Fighter

Soul Caliber

War of Monsters

Twisted Metal

Wipeout

Final Fantasy X

Disgaea

Dragon Warrior XII

Rygar

Guitar Hero

Star Ocean

Can't play them anywhere else, then factor in the ports that come to every system like Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, Beyond Good and Evil, Grand Theft Auto, Need for Speed, how can you say it sucks?

Only thing I can think of is that you'd have to be a total graphics ###### fanboy because those are some damn good games.

Xerxes

Come on Sony, dish the dirt already and let us see what you gots unduh your sleeve!

Will it be good? Will it be crap? Will it actually exist?! :blink:

We'll find out next time on... "When consoles attack!"

Yeah, emphasis on "does it exist?!?" :p Sony seems to have a reputation for making huge promises and never quite delivering on then :laugh: ....when they deliver the goods, then I'll believe them ;)

AlphaPrime
Sony lies through their teeth to get sales

Name me a company who doesn't?

I love my PS2 though, but its mostly crap.

I enjoyed my Xbox, but Halo 2 was really the only game I thought was worth playing because I found the rest of the lineup to be very average.

The Teej

I just want DBZ: Budokai Tenkiachi 2/Budokai 4 online with updates every now and then please :)

tHa_vIlLaMaN

Wait a tick!

Didn't XBL take like tens upon tens of millions of dollars to create and to this day it hasn't made a profit? :huh:

Yeah, emphasis on "does it exist?!?" :p Sony seems to have a reputation for making huge promises and never quite delivering on then :laugh: ....when they deliver the goods, then I'll believe them ;)

Ditto

HawkMan

"we're goign to make a great online thingymajig for PS3"

----later----

"We're not going to have a central online service for the PS3"

----- LAter----- (After Xbox360 and even more success for XBLive)

"We'll have online on the PS3, but we dont' know what it is, what to call it or what you can do with it... but it will have this online thing... definately"...

now the big worry for all the PS3 fainbois out there at this point should be, is GameSpy still Sony's partner to make the PS3 online service... in wich case you can kiss any element of good out of the equation :)

Andrew

Gotta love the PS2 fans who would scream from the high heavens "who needs online play, it's crap, blah blah blah", suddenly change their tune ;)

IMO Sony will never beat the success of Live. Not with MS's background in the area and the already huge userbase.

Sony PS3 now with online service!!1!..yey let's bump up the price some more :D

:rolleyes:

mikebeech

Gotta love the PS2 fans who would scream from the high heavens "who needs online play, it's crap, blah blah blah", suddenly change their tune ;)

IMO Sony will never beat the success of Live. Not with MS's background in the area and the already huge userbase.

Sony PS3 now with online service!!1!..yey let's bump up the price some more :D

:rolleyes:

lmao- thinking about it that's so true :rofl:

andrew_f

To be honest anything related to PS3 now I am ignoring until its nearer, there is a load of talk at the moment and I for one have not seen anything as of yet I find groundbreaking.

Although I'm sure sony will provide a decent service I reckon it will be more around xbox live's standards, not as revolutionary as we are led to believe.

DiEMOS

lol, u fanboys make these threads fun to read.

Andrew

lol, u fanboys make these threads fun to read.

You said the naughty word! :pinch:

MGS4-SS

Sony isn't Infinium Labs. The products will exist.

mikebeech

Sony isn't Infinium Labs. The products will exist.

yea i'll agree with that

tHa_vIlLaMaN

STOP! You guys are killin me! :laugh: :rofl: :laugh: