Tomb Raider: Legend (PS2) Preview

MadFerIt
Not only does Tomb Raider Legend have to revitalize a crumbling franchise, it also needs to exceed what the competition has managed to achieve in the past decade. Which is why the demo that landed in our office last week was met with no small amount of curiosity and anticipation. Everyone gathered around to see if, after all the hype and all the skepticism, Crystal could pull it off.

If the demo is any indication of the final game, the answer would seem to be a resounding yes.

Not only is Legend the first time Tomb Raider has felt fresh in the better part of a decade, it also gives Ubi's Prince a run for his money. As before, Lara runs, jumps, shoots and solves puzzles. But now she's much more agile, moves far more fluidly, climbs poles and makes dazzling leaps, edges along the sides of cliffs and more. But make no mistake; this is still Tomb Raider through and through. While God of War took the Prince of Persia dynamic in an extremely action-oriented direction, Legend goes the other way; the pace is slower and far more methodical, and the acrobatics are far more realistic in nature; Lara isn't a time-bending superhero or the embodiment of vengeance, just an ass-kicking archaeologist. Significantly, Angel of Darkness' stealth kills appear to have been dropped, along with melee combat, in favor of good old-fashioned gunplay.

Source: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3147582

Looks like Tomb Raider is back and very very good as well. I'm hoping the 360 version really looks good (and not just a typical port of the Xbox/PS2 version). But we'll see, it sounds worth playing regardless.

*Woops sorry!! I can't believe I posted this in the media section lol.. I'm a bit tired today.. If a mod can move it to the console section I'd appreciate it!

Soham

why is it in media room?

Bizkit

Well, I liked playing some of the Tomb Raider games on the old Playstation, and I'll keep my eye on this. I could be good.

AgEnTsMiTh

Moved Here

icecaveman

Source: I'm hoping the 360 version really looks good (and not just a typical port of the Xbox/PS2 version).

If you look at the 360/PC screenshots they have overdone the bump mapping so you will notice difference, however it could have looked far better than it does.