Walmart launches PS3 hypefest on their website

Spartan_X

We all know that retailers often start taking preorders and hyping products before there is a lot of solid information about price and release date, and Walmart seems ready to jump on this bandwagon by adding the PS3 product page to their site. There's not a lot of information, but they seem pretty confident the system will launch with multiple colors, and have the "world's most advanced cell processor." That's nice to know.

While you can't preorder the console yet, rest assured that the "computing power of 2 teraflops offers graphical expressions never seen before." I think even Sony's marketing department would scratch their heads at that one. You can also see the awesome power of the PS2 in action since they provided a screenshot of King Kong for your viewing pleasure. Has that even been announced as a PS3 game?

Oh well, this is sure to get the casual gamers salivating. It has enough techno-babble and drooling descriptions to make the PS3 seem like the second coming. I'm hyped, and I'm not even sure why.

Source: Ars Technica

LOLz at these comments from the article... :laugh: :rofl: :p

Posted January 30, 2006 @ 4:17PM by SleepDirt

Housewives and hicks from coast to coast are extremely excited tonight.

Posted January 31, 2006 @ 8:24AM by Daros

Pre-order now, and get a free box to ship your system back to Sony once the damn thing breaks! Act now!

b mitchell

They did the same thing for the 360 and they have a Revolution site too. Do you really think this is worthy of a thread?

MadFerIt

We all know that retailers often start taking preorders and hyping products before there is a lot of solid information about price and release date, and Walmart seems ready to jump on this bandwagon by adding the PS3 product page to their site. There's not a lot of information, but they seem pretty confident the system will launch with multiple colors, and have the "world's most advanced cell processor." That's nice to know.

While you can't preorder the console yet, rest assured that the "computing power of 2 teraflops offers graphical expressions never seen before." I think even Sony's marketing department would scratch their heads at that one. You can also see the awesome power of the PS2 in action since they provided a screenshot of King Kong for your viewing pleasure. Has that even been announced as a PS3 game?

Oh well, this is sure to get the casual gamers salivating. It has enough techno-babble and drooling descriptions to make the PS3 seem like the second coming. I'm hyped, and I'm not even sure why.

Source: Ars Technica

LOLz at these comments from the article... :laugh: :rofl: :p

Uh this is definetly a post made for nothing but flaming.. Hopefully no one takes your bait.

Danrarbc

Um, that page has been on the Wal-mart site for a LONG time.

MGS4-SS

Lame attempt at a flamebait.

MadFerIt

Well lets end this thread now and prevent any flaming from happening..

Azusa

it looks kinda cheesey hope they improve it

FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME everyone feal ofended because of the flameing

Arbiter

i cant wait for both the ps3 and revolution. i'm happy with the xbox right now, but i always like to have all three

American Ninja

ummm... That page has been up for months. This is just another anti-PS3 topic :trout: :spam:

yankee lion

Um, that page has been on the Wal-mart site for a LONG time.

^^^^

And try to get some unbiased sources if you can manage that (I know, I know, it's hard.).

golazo

i thought the post was pretty funny

thagame

everyone feal ofended because of the flameing

you should not FEEL OFFENDED but ashamed you manage to spell like that and survive in reality.

Hitman2000
QUOTE(yurithedragon @ Jan 31 2006, 17:42)

everyone feal ofended because of the flameing

you should not FEEL OFFENDED but ashamed you manage to spell like that and survive in reality.

In tis sntnce im gona spel eferthing wrong jus to pee u off u dumb grmir nazi. who giives a **** thi sis an online forum stick to the topic. Hope you get so strsed after reading mi pos that u have an anxiety attck and die of a heart attck or sumfing. idiot.

Die grmmer nazi

die

lol

On topic: the website is pretty corny.

Yvo

Hmmm a PS3 "hypefest" thread by someone sporting a Xbox 360 badge in their profile.

Oh and to top it all off... he even said "LOLz"

What are you? 12?

arky
Pre-order now, and get a free box to ship your system back to Sony once the damn thing breaks! Act now!

The 360 could've used something like that.

Orange

Yeah def XBOX FLAME BOY loser :laugh:

Go outside

The_Decryptor

Uh this is definetly a post made for nothing but flaming.. Hopefully no one takes your bait.

Lame attempt at a flamebait.

Hmmm a PS3 "hypefest" thread by someone sporting a Xbox 360 badge in their profile.

Oh and to top it all off... he even said "LOLz"

What are you? 12?

Yeah def XBOX FLAME BOY loser :laugh:

Go outside

Did you guys read the Ars Technica post at all, the thread starter quoted it (same with the title)

so before you go off on him, remember that he didn't write it.

Elliott

Did you guys read the Ars Technica post at all, the thread starter quoted it (same with the title)

so before you go off on him, remember that he didn't write it.

I think they saw "PS3", "hypefest", and an Xbox 360 badge on the same post and went "oh teh noes!!!1111!!11! flamebait."

iconboy

This is pure flamebait, and i dont understand how the last 2 posters can actually defend this crap.

Goldenmask64

I'm pretty sure that if anyone who reads this post thinks its flamebait, then you should stop posting cuz you're flaming about flamers.

:alien:

I swear this alien is the coolest

MadFerIt

Bloody hell. I said on the first page to end this thread so we don't get into some flamewar.. Yet you guys keep posting and posting.. LET IT DIE.

magik

Bloody hell. I said on the first page to end this thread so we don't get into some flamewar.. Yet you guys keep posting and posting.. LET IT DIE.

Hey, how about practicing what you preach?

JK :p

Von_Beard

what :huh:

Spartan_X

The only one flamebait been throw around here is the one you guys have been crying for; I didn?t wrote the article and I didn?t even comment on it at all, I just post it. The fact you feel aggravated because of it is merely a psychological thing that your brains just can?t associate an Xbox supporter posting any sort of news regarding Sony/PS3/PSP? and you know what? That?s your problem not ours.

And if you don?t like what you see posted or think it?s against the rules of the forum just use the p_report.gif button and a mod will take of it, in the end that?s their job not yours.

Now if you excuse me I have other things to do, have a:laugh:ay:rofl: ::pugh: :rofl: :p