IE7 Preview Vs Firefox 1.5

IE7 Preview Vs Firefox 1.5  

626 members have voted

1. 1. Which Browser do you now prefer?

• Internet Explorer 7 Preview
    • Mozilla Firefox 1.5

I will vote once I install IE7... The piece of **** is refusing to go on my system because I am only running SP1a. As if it can't actually work without SP2 :crazy:

It can't.. why would they say that it can't if it could? :s

As soon as 1.5 of firefox came out , firefox started randomly crashing on me. The beta of the enxt version is even worse. So far IE 7 beta is very fast for me. I just wish they would add the feature to be able to drag a tab onto the bookmark bar

Send them your feedback!

As soon as 1.5 of firefox came out , firefox started randomly crashing on me. The beta of the enxt version is even worse. So far IE 7 beta is very fast for me. I just wish they would add the feature to be able to drag a tab onto the bookmark bar

You have to drag the FavIcon in the address bar to the links/bookmark area.

or there's an orange star you can click. :p

I've switched back as well. Maybe if FF 2.0 delievers then I may go back.

Ease of use. I thought the UI was going to be confusing to use. I was wrong...

Shouldn't this be 'IE7 vs Firefox 2.0' as that is what will be out quarter 2/3 of 2006. Maybe even 'IE7 vs Firefox 3.0' as that is out Q1 2007. But that would be pointless as well due to the fact that we don't know anything about 2 or 3 releases of Firefox yet.

So in conclusion; comparing IE7 'BETA' (due end of 2006 and made with another, more advanced, operating as it's primary application) to an 'end of 2005' final release of firefox is pointless.

IE7 has a strange way of presenting its toolbars and it seems Microsoft believe they know how we should set out our icons etc so don't allow much choice over the new poor UI. The favourites have been given a nice new centre but you have no more control over their order or layout than with IE6. The search box does not allow you to search a page without selecting it from a drop down box.

Im an IE6 user, I love the features of firefox but its always seemed a little slow to me, I don't like the new IE7 and if it stays as it is I think Im going to try out Opera or give firefox another go.

Shouldn't this be 'IE7 vs Firefox 2.0' as that is what will be out quarter 2/3 of 2006. Maybe even 'IE7 vs Firefox 3.0' as that is out Q1 2007. But that would be pointless as well due to the fact that we don't know anything about 2 or 3 releases of Firefox yet.

So in conclusion; comparing IE7 'BETA' (due end of 2006 and made with another, more advanced, operating as it's primary application) to an 'end of 2005' final release of firefox is pointless.

No. This is specifically for the latest official build of ie7 and the latest official build of firefox. It's ie7 preview beta 2 vs ff 1.5. Expect newer polls when ie7 goes final and firefox 2 comes out.

Is the Firefox 2.0 Preview out? Can't seem to find it.

We can only poll against what we have now.

I've yet to get into the advanced features of IE7.0 but I'm not liking the feel of it :|

I think it is FUGLY and needs GUI work before it goes RTM. OTOH it seems a lot more secure, and certainly is a lot faster than IE6... I'll play some more and come back.

At this moment in time however, my vote goes to Firefox 1.5 :cool:

I like Firefox more because of its interface. It seemed much simpler than IE 7 B2. It is also skinnable. Just a question, is anyone having a problem with removing the Home Button from the toolbar?

Voted for IE 7 Preview. FF beats IE6 easily though.

If only there was a refresh button on the toolbar.. lol

huh?!?

The refresh button is at the righthand side next to the address bar, the green button.

Anyway IE7's new features are very welcome. And I like the new design/layouot.

Although I'm switching to Mac in a month, so I wont use it very much :p

It would appear that the only thing that IE7 has fixed is PNG transparency.

Sure, Microsoft forges ahead with "new" features (read: all other browsers already have them, and have had them for years), but they haven't spent enough time fixing their flaws. My homepage relies on workarounds to ensure compatibility with IE6 and below. I excluded IE7 from the hacks thinking that all these CSS shortcomings would be fixed. I see now that I was mistaken.

bull.png

The ZOOM feature is VERY good with high resolution display! Instead of tiny website, you can see better.

So this one feature of IE7 is a killer. My eyes are so happy.

IE7s UI is not finale not finale now to get the old toolbar of Ie6 back simple press.

The classic menu bar is gone (though you can toggle it by simply clicking the ALT key)

Well I just installed it and it?s a lot nicer than 6 but the thing that ticks me off is that the toolbar that has the home button and print and tools. I set it to show tools and than I lock it. So after I close it and open it again its back to being hidden, I have to unlock it and then stretch it back out (bull crap). Another thing I found is that it is no where as fast as my Firefox so I think I'm going back to firefox

ppl there isnt a perfect browser out ther to be honest, firefox isnt all its coughed up to be, its hard to customize, and well i can go on about how bad IE is and how bad firefox is, but im not, they both do the same damn thing, browse, the net.

As long as i can read what im reading now then im fine, RIGHT?