IE7 Preview Vs Firefox 1.5

IE7 Preview Vs Firefox 1.5  

626 members have voted

1. 1. Which Browser do you now prefer?

• Internet Explorer 7 Preview
    • Mozilla Firefox 1.5

Hah, that's a good one. Trust me...this release of Internet Explorer will not kill FireFox. I actually hated this internet explorer and know many many others that feel the same way. That is why I uninstalled it. FireFox Rox! and Opera is superb as well. These two are way better options in my opinion. To each his own though. :)

I think you judge IE7 too early. Keep in mind that IE7 is still about 7 months away from release. Much will be fixed.

I think you judge IE7 too early. Keep in mind that IE7 is still about 7 months away from release. Much will be fixed.

I hope one of those fixes includes the (what I consider) buttugly interface and being able to move the address bar where you want it to be. Honestly some of the features it has now people make it seem like they're something new when other browsers have them for the longest. Perhaps if IE proves to be the fastest browser and the one that uses least memory, I will try it.

I hope one of those fixes includes the (what I consider) buttugly interface and being able to move the address bar where you want it to be. Honestly some of the features it has now people make it seem like they're something new when other browsers have them for the longest. Perhaps if IE proves to be the fastest browser and the one that uses least memory, I will try it.

The UI is a matter of taste. I think it's good.

IE7 Preview does use less memory than Firefox / even in beta it has less memory leaks.

All this talk about the gui has actually gotten me to change my firefox settings and add a couple of extensions. Didn't know I could have quick tabs in Firefox. I think I may end up using the tab preview extension instead. My firefox interface looks like a cross between Opera and IE7 now.

I doubt IE7 is going to be a death knell to Firefox.

Edited by Ned

Zoom's nice, but Firefox still beats IE7 hands-down.

IE7: insecure, slow, broken support for web standards...as usual.

you do realise IE7 is Beta? Right? :rolleyes:

Because 5299 is the leaked, more buggier build. 5296 is the official Beta 2 Preview.

Ahhh... I see... Thanks for the clarification ;)

I like the IE7 Beta 2 Public Preview better because I am unable to login to my Capital One Credit Card Account using Firefox 1.5.0.1 (http://www.capitalone.com). Please Note the following: The public sections of Capital One's website works just fine with Firefox, however they require you to use IE to login to the secure sections of their website.

I like the IE7 Beta 2 Public Preview better because I am unable to login to my Capital One Credit Card Account using Firefox 1.5.0.1 (http://www.capitalone.com). Please Note the following: The public sections of Capital One's website works just fine with Firefox, however they require you to use IE to login to the secure sections of their website.

Have you tried using the IE Tab extension? With that, even Microsoft Update works in Firefox. :whistle:

Have you tried using the IE Tab extension? With that, even Microsoft Update works in Firefox. :whistle:

I just installed the IE Tab extension, and tried logging into Capital One's Website, but it still does not work (it still does not allow me to type in my Password using Firefox 1.5.0.1 with the IE Tab Extension installed).

The tab extension is kinda funny from how I see it. Fanboy extremities:

Joe: "I use the ie tab extension when a stupid website doesn't follow standard. Firefox all the way! IE sux!"

John: "I use the ie tab extension because ie is still better but I love firefox's security and other features. Firefox ownz!"

Jack: "The hell is the point of using a browser within a browser? Pick one you idiots. IE all the way, it works all the time."

I only used Firefox for tabbed browsing...I've been using IE 7 since that leaked beta 1 release and haven't thought twice about going back to firefox

I use IE to visit websites and to check my email...I don't need any crazy extensions or anything like that....Just tabs

Yes have 'tabs' will travel.

over the years (eons?) I've tried out all the fringe stuff

with the addition of tabs IE is only better

what will the fanboi's use an excuse to feel special now?