February (2006) Workstations

My humble office setup: :)

I LOVE that desk. I got something a lil cheaper but similar corner style a year ago. Had I had something like this around I'd prob be using it now. Very nice

Im not surprised you had to RMA it if you treat all of your components like that.

Treat all my components like what? The card was DOA -_-

You guys need to chill. 15 years and I never had anything die on me due to static electricity.

Im not surprised you had to RMA it if you treat all of your components like that.

rma?

u should really get an antistatic mat and wrist strap for your parts....

You guys need to chill. 15 years and I never had anything die on me due to static electricity.

I wish i was as lucky as you to have a fully conclusive autopsy of every dead piece of hardware that I deal with .

Nobody needs to chill, im not excited, its your money, your components, we were just pointing it out. Must make a mental note to never buy parts from you on neobay if you crop up though :p

Computer components contain static sensative electronic components, this is a fact, that is why they are packaged like they are either retail or oem, abusing them will destroy them.

rma?

Return to Manufacture Authorization, in other words sending back a faulty product.

Does that mean you should keep things on the carpet? No, obviously not. Prevention is a simple way to save hassle.

_--boocher

There you go. Heres my pretty messy workstation.

I've not cleaned up for quite a while now. The flash has made some hidden fingermarks visible.. i'll sort all that out later.

Anyway. Stuff I hardly use is stacked up being the screen.

My humble office setup: :)

That is the same desk I have and I love it. I think I need to post a new picture in here (I have gone through two different desks and about 5 different monitor setups since).

From last month i have added a Microsoft Wireless mouse because i didn't like the mouse which came with the Dinovo (Notebook mouse)

5thfebruary2006desktop5oq.th.jpg

gobble gobble :shiftyninja:

th_DSCN0221.jpg

Looks very clean ;) LOL how much wood polish did you use, a whole CAN :rofl: :rolleyes:

From last month i have added a Microsoft Wireless mouse because i didn't like the mouse which came with the Dinovo (Notebook mouse)

5thfebruary2006desktop5oq.th.jpg

Nice setup. btw i see you have one of those netgear Hard drive file thingys (to the right of the picture) does it work ok?

have you had any problums with it?

thank you :)

I have a bad camera, and I'm terrible at taking pictures (shakey hands, writing disability.) Forteunately, heres a awful picture that has most of what you should see in it, well, my PC is hidden behind my bed blankets. I should had made my bed, but i'm lazy. I'm going to also cut those zip ties off and work some more on my wiring, it is getting neater though. Those 2 blacklights are 48 inches, and the one behind my monitor is 18 inches.

http://img280.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p...89custom3te.jpg

I have yet to truley decidce what to do with the 360 wires. I have one wired controller. I could dump it, get a second wireless and play & charge kit, and then zip tie the play and charge kits so they are very short, but good enough to still charge the controllers. Then, I wouldn't have the wires running from top to bottom of the rigthhand of my desk.'

Xbox 1 & gamecube are not in use cause they look like crap on a 2005fpw. I will be getting a 23 or 26 inch HDTV soon (either samsung, sharp, or maybe dell if I go broke.)

And yes, on the right hand leg of my desk, that is an xbox 360 power supply mounted with velcro.'

Left side has a surge protector that is just for switching on the lunar disk beside my iced tea, and the three blacklites. That way it's not and easy getting them on and off.

wheres your tower?

Right hand side, under desk, being covered. Here's a picture showing it slightly, before I added 10 new posters to my room and a second blacklite / the luma thing that does stuff when you speak. In this picture, my wires are still very messy because I didn't use any zip ties yet. I'm still working on it though.

http://img280.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p...74custom5sg.jpg

Oh, and tommorow 1 new poster will be added, a new router for the other room (maybe the d-link gaming one, i'm sick of linksys routers dropping on me. no firmware updates help, I'm about to give 3rd party firmware a try on my WRT54G. A 30 or 60 gige black vid ipod will also be added tommorow, and hopefully I can find the Iradio remote as I often listen to the radio :).

Edited by jagwire

^^ Custom built desk? Fits wall to wall perfectly...

*cringes at the sight of snow out the window*

Bringing back some bad memories.... :pinch:

Had some extra cabinets from work... Cut the countertop down...costed me 60bucks!!

No snow now,