There are many great features available to you once you register at Neowin, including:

• Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the front page
  • Access to a great community, with a massive database of experience on hard & software issues, gaming and recreational activities, and more
  • Access to the Neowin IRC - you could make a friend from across the world and talk to them live
  • Access to Neowin contests & subscription offers and forums that are not open to guests/li>
  • It's simple, and FREE! · Register here

February (2006) Digital Photo Gallery

Welcome to the Neowin digital photo gallery! Here you can post your pictures and discuss your photography techniques.

Please be mindful of our members on dial-up and try to keep the dimensions of the pics and the size of the files to a respectable size for 1024 x 768 viewers. Please refrain from quoting images in your replies.

I will also ask that you link to images on your own space, as much as possible.

Have fun!

I love the stair one, the environment one is very classic. To make it look better, you should enrich it. :)

Unfortunatly, I'm no photographer. Thinking of taking up the art, but not sure. :)

here's one of my favorites from the independent art project i worked on this past semester in art class (unmanipulated [ie no photoshop or touching up at all] digital images experimenting with lights and shadows)

post-71937-1138937555.jpg

Nice shot qdave.

Theres been a style of gig photography that I've loved but I've been unable to master. On Thursday I finally figured out how to do it.

The night started out like any other night at a gig.

CRW_8765-01.jpg

CRW_8895-01.jpg

CRW_8902-01.jpg

The usual 50mm and 10mm shots. But then when the 3rd band came on and I was playing around with the flash @ 1/10th and the fast moving singer I spotted the style I love.

CRW_8914-01.jpg

All this time I had been thinking the key was 2nd curtain flash. It wasn't.

CRW_8919-01.jpg

The next band came on and while very good they didn't appear to be rocking it enough for me to get the shots I wanted.

CRW_8983-01.jpg

CRW_8997-01.jpg

Then the final band came on. The club emptied and I was a bit worried I wouldn't get to play. However, they turned out to be a great band.

CRW_9140-02.jpg

CRW_9095-01.jpg

CRW_9105-01.jpg

CRW_9146-01.jpg

I finally figured out how to do it. It wasn't 2nd curtain. It wasn't holding the camera as still as possible hoping the people move around. It was quite simply the flash goes off, shutter stays open for x amount of time and you move to create the effect. I'm really happy now. There seem to be 2 main styles of gig photography, that I've seen. The style from the top using the gig lighting to create stylish atmospheric images, and the style with the flash to sorta capture the energy of the performers. I'm really happy that I'm starting to master the flash.

post-59941-1139442663.jpg

I jumped over a stone wall with barbed wire to get into this field, little did i know it was 2 feet deep march... :(

Would have been very funny if anyone else was there. :p

Comments appreciated.

I finally figured out how to do it. It wasn't 2nd curtain. It wasn't holding the camera as still as possible hoping the people move around. It was quite simply the flash goes off, shutter stays open for x amount of time and you move to create the effect. I'm really happy now. There seem to be 2 main styles of gig photography, that I've seen. The style from the top using the gig lighting to create stylish atmospheric images, and the style with the flash to sorta capture the energy of the performers. I'm really happy that I'm starting to master the flash.

I love doing that effect. Unfortunetly the flash on my camera isn't strong enough. I might try it some time on my SLR

Hey guys. Some of your pics are nice. Good technique and locations. But thats all you do? :(

My kingdome for another conceptual photographer on neowin. :(