• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Network accounts

Question

Skiver    1,991

ok first of all this is just research im doing for the boss as i dont know servers totally but i hope you guys can help

thier seems to be a select few users with roaming profiles that have no choice but to use the U.S keyboard settings, we have checked settings in the local account and with another network account on the the machines and the settings are fine...

i even double checked by plugging a laptop into the network and logging on as the user in question and sure enough the US settings were applied, i know this isnt too big of a problem but as an IT training company it can hinder some of the learners progress

ive googled and only seem to get pointed in the direction of the regional settings in the control panel, we even enabled the users ability to see and change settings in control panel but the settings still came back at the next log on which would suggest something in the users profile/policy is enabling this but we cant figure out what

i dont know much about the server its running on but it is using 2003, if thier is anything else you guys need to know to try and help out i will try and answer as quickly as possible

thanks in advance :yes: ;)

2 answers to this question

garethevans1986    8

Try asking in the Server 2003 Forum....

Mods: Please move this topic.

ChocIST

Skiver    1,991

i knew this wasnt gonna be the right section....please move to correct section mods :)