[DS]Age of Empires or Animal Crossing

Age of Empires or Animal Crossing  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

SpeedyTheSnail

Ok, I am going to Florida (for the first time!) with my school's marching band and I've come across 2 game choices for a loooooonng flight. Animal Crossing or the upcoming game Age of Empires I like age of empires but I heard Animal Crossing is good. Which do you think is going to be better of the two? I want to purchase the game in about 2 weeks (1 day before I leave) and its an interesting choice (I only am letting myself spend $40 before I get anothre job). Both seem good. I've never played Animal Cossing before.

Marduk

I've got Animal Crossing, its alot of fun, you can play it virtually forever but I used to play it everyday for about an hour at work and I've grown bored of it, that being said it really was quite a bit of fun, considering I'm talking about having played it for a month straight for an hour everyday except for sundays.

On the other hand AOE is a rather tempting game, I might pick it up myself, I'm going to wait til I can read a review to see the ups and downs, almost seems like a CIV game or something where its turned based and all the tech and research, so I dunno.

SpeedyTheSnail

I've got Animal Crossing, its alot of fun, you can play it virtually forever but I used to play it everyday for about an hour at work and I've grown bored of it, that being said it really was quite a bit of fun, considering I'm talking about having played it for a month straight for an hour everyday except for sundays.

On the other hand AOE is a rather tempting game, I might pick it up myself, I'm going to wait til I can read a review to see the ups and downs, almost seems like a CIV game or something where its turned based and all the tech and research, so I dunno.

Yah, they should have made it live instead of turn based (in multiplay wi-fi of course!). It would be a lot more appealing, but I love the game. I already screwed up buying Sonic though, don't really enjoy it much.

Poll Added

Raum

Castlevania is a real solid adventure. If you've played and enjoyed any Castlevania or Metroid game, this would be a real safe bet.

Animal Crossing is a good game...but it has it's downsides. After you get used to it, you'll realize you're essentially just catching bugs with your net, selling fruits to shake off of trees, going fishing to try and catch every type of fish out there and not much else. It's fun and all...but it lacks depth and variety in certain ways. Really, I'd stay away from it myself, it's a game most people will probably get bored with in a few months.

AOE who knows, the Pc ones were great, from the interview I read it seemed like they put lots of effort into this. It's turned based so who knows...I'd wait for reviews myself to get insight on it, but it looks like it could be a winner.

Mario Kart is another game I'd consider. It's got a lot of replay value IMO, and the power-sliding system is just tons of fun. Any thoughts on how much you'd enjoy this, don't want to get it or already have it?

Also, Polarium is a nifty little game. If you can find it under 15$ I'd pick it up. Fun puzzle game.

One more question. Would you be considering GBA games for purchase as well?

SpeedyTheSnail

Castlevania is a real solid adventure. If you've played and enjoyed any Castlevania or Metroid game, this would be a real safe bet.

Animal Crossing is a good game...but it has it's downsides. After you get used to it, you'll realize you're essentially just catching bugs with your net, selling fruits to shake off of trees, going fishing to try and catch every type of fish out there and not much else. It's fun and all...but it lacks depth and variety in certain ways. Really, I'd stay away from it myself, it's a game most people will probably get bored with in a few months.

AOE who knows, the Pc ones were great, from the interview I read it seemed like they put lots of effort into this. It's turned based so who knows...I'd wait for reviews myself to get insight on it, but it looks like it could be a winner.

Mario Kart is another game I'd consider. It's got a lot of replay value IMO, and the power-sliding system is just tons of fun. Any thoughts on how much you'd enjoy this, don't want to get it or already have it?

Also, Polarium is a nifty little game. If you can find it under 15$ I'd pick it up. Fun puzzle game.

One more question. Would you be considering GBA games for purchase as well?

Yah, i'd get gba games

I seem to prefer ds games though (mental picture that they are better because they are new. We all know how that goes though :shiftyninja: )

MGS4-SS

Castlevania, then Advance Wars, then Animal Crossing.

indianN00b

for me it has to be castlevania hands down...one of the best games ive played for the DS..i rented animal crossing but never really got me hooked, but fun nonetheless..and u may want to wait for resident evil: deadly silence coming this tuesday which would have to be a must buy :)

gunnerhkjp

Castlevania, then Advance Wars, then Animal Crossing.

Same here.

Advance Wars is real fun.

• 2 weeks later...
SpeedyTheSnail

Well I bought Animal Crossing (sold out at 4 of the stores I went to!). Its a fun game, my house is already upgraded! My friend is going to let me play his Advance Wars game on the plane, it looks fun!

NeoTrunks

Yah, they should have made it live instead of turn based (in multiplay wi-fi of course!). It would be a lot more appealing, but I love the game. I already screwed up buying Sonic though, don't really enjoy it much.

Poll Added

If you ever think about parting with that Sonic, let me know. I've been itching to get that game. Seeing the vids of the gameplay reminded me a lot of Sonic 2 (my personal favorite, because it focused more on the speed rather than exploration).

thagame

i put castlevania only cause animal crossing sucked and they totally ruined age of empire.