Canon Rebel XT Or Nikon D70s

Hey everyone I am trying to buy entry-level DSLR but I am stuck on two choices.

Canon Rebel XT or Nikon D70s

I've read online reviews everywhere but still having little debate with myself which to choose. So I was wondering if any of you own one of these DSLR I want to hear your input on it. Thank you.

Well the Nikon counter to the Rebel XT is the D50, so I'd go with the D70.

personally I'd go with the D50 or D70 anyway though, I just like Nikon better.

Hey my friend. All I can tell you is just recently I was in your same position. I chose the Nikon D70 and loved every minute I spent with the camera, honeslty I think you will not be displeased with either camera that you go with. It's all taste. Nikon is a much higher quality build, and makes some of the finest lenses on the planet. I've got a whole Nikon D70 kit available for sale here on NeoBay. It's perfect for a whole Camera setup.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=428314

I'm only selling it because I'm broke, its hard to let it go. If you end up getting the kit, I'll include like 3 books on photography.

Right now, neither. Wait for PMA. Canon or Nikon might have something better in store.

Go to dpreview.com and compare the features of the two side to side.

If you don't need the features of the D70 (most people don't), stick with the D50 body and 18-70mm lens. For the Rebel XT, you have a huge selection of lenses. Try to find a lens, be it zoom or prime, that'll fit you and stay away from the kit lens if your budget allows it.

I'm thinking of getting one of these, although probably the D50 or the 350.

I think i'm just going to go and play around with both in the shop for a while and see which I ....click.... with the most. :p

I've been in to photography for a while now and i've both used the Canon 300D and the Nikon D70 when they were released. At the time the D70 was released it was better then 300D but it lacked the ISO 100 setting i used so much for long exposures. Then Canon came with the 20D and later the small brother 350D/rebel XT. The new Digic II processor certainly outperformed the D70 censor, low noise, very usable ISO 1600+ photos, faster,... When Nikon released the upgraded to the D70s i was disappointed to see that they didn't improve alot or not at all on the image quality/noise level.

The only reason i would pick the D70 is that it looks and feels more professional then the smaller 350D/XT.

I've been shooting with a canon 20D almost since it was released and love it. The 350D/XT should be able to produce the same images.

Both Nikon and Canon have great lenses. Canon is top of the line in zoom lenses, nikon might have a small edge in macro / wide lenses.

I'm thinking of getting one of these, although probably the D50 or the 350.

I think i'm just going to go and play around with both in the shop for a while and see which I ....click.... with the most. :p

That's the best way to decide really.

I vote the D50 (besides me having it). Its about $150 less then the DRxt, has a dedicated AF light instead of using the flash, and has superior ISO performance at 1600 (better then the D70s)

Allright finally made a purchase online, should be arriving on tuesday afternoon. So excited, I bought Nikon D50 Body of the bhphotovideo.com website pretty good deal and the lens that I've bought was Sigma SI703004DGNA 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro Autofocus Lens for Nikon AF-D same website. Now that I have finally made my move to DSLR any of you have any favorite books or magazines that you would maybe recommend for amatuer like me, even good websites would be great help. Thanks everyone for your inputs really appriacted it.

more like D50 vs XT like said earlier

both are awsome, try them before to buy. there is no one better than the other

feel them in your hand

thats it.

its just like with choosing between ati and nvidia. ;)

me personally likes nikon better, had the f6 and f100 before and tryed out the d100 so i spent some time with nikon in my life, so id choose the nikon. any photographer who delt with canon for years will reccomend the rebel XT to you.

but now that youve made your purchase this was just a useless comment. :) have fun with your new dslr. :yes:

thats it.

its just like with choosing between ati and nvidia. ;)

me personally likes nikon better, had the f6 and f100 before and tryed out the d100 so i spent some time with nikon in my life, so id choose the nikon. any photographer who delt with canon for years will reccomend the rebel XT to you.

but now that youve made your purchase this was just a useless comment. :) have fun with your new dslr. :yes:

and all nikonians will recommand D70s hehe

to that level of quality, it's all mather of personnal choice IMO.

BHE 3AKOHA: did you buy the 18-55mm Nikkor or body only?

BTW, nice choice by buying the Sigma 70-300 APO. Of course, if and only if this is the APO version of the telezoom :)

and all nikonians will recommand D70s hehe

to that level of quality, it's all mather of personnal choice IMO.

BHE 3AKOHA: did you buy the 18-55mm Nikkor or body only?

BTW, nice choice by buying the Sigma 70-300 APO. Of course, if and only if this is the APO version of the telezoom :)

Yep bought the body only and went with Sigma 70-300 APO, I've read reviews on that lens and decided to go for it. So far so good, I am slowly learning about my new camera.

Yep bought the body only and went with Sigma 70-300 APO, I've read reviews on that lens and decided to go for it. So far so good, I am slowly learning about my new camera.

soon you should invest in at least the 28-80 or the better 18-55, you will miss the wide angle.

great lens though, picked mine up used from a guy on DPreview forums for $65 less then retail