I just bought...

why should i do mac vs. pc ?

osx is bsd,though it's *nix. thus o would never fight it!

i was just curious on why we buy such new hardware, which has power we can hardly imagin.

this is no try to flame...

it's just to put a thought forward.

and this is definitvly on topic, so please don't complain ;)

regards

h0axmind

Originally posted by h0axmind

i was just curious on why we buy such new hardware, which has power we can hardly imagin.

regards

h0axmind

english?

Originally posted by h0axmind

regards

h0axmind

Well, if you are talking about why we need such power then forgive me. I just presumed it was another troll coming in to stir up an argument.

Like your original post said, there are definitely apps which require it such as 3D modelling, Graphic design, number crunching. At the moment, you simply can't have fast enough.

COngrats on your purchase. The Neowin board just keeps getting more Mac users..almost by the day. Sweet :)

Originally posted by azazel-

Anyone wanna elaborate a bit on Quartz Extreme? I was reading about it a bit on the Apple site, but I just skimmed thru it. Anyone willing to gimme a quick rundown on what it is/does, because the next system we get is gonna be a Mac. My wife has already commanded it be so. ;)

The Quartz Extreme engine converts every object on your desktop into a texture just before it is sent to your graphics processor to be displayed on the screen. This way all of the effects can be handled with hardware acceleration, pixel shaders, T&L, all of that kind of stuff. That's why it requires you to at least have a Geforce2MX.