xbox360-get it?

I have recently been offered an Xbox 360 premium edition for $500 cash delivered to my house. Unoppened with receipt.... Do you think that I should buy this? I want one and can (kind of) afford one (probably should save the $$$'s but what the hell)... I just moved for a new job out of college with AMD and am living alone for the first time so it would be nice to have a little entertainment... I really don't know how many of the new xbox360 games I will buy, I like to play halo 2 on live all the time... that gears of war game looks pretty sick too. I guess halo 3 is coming out soon but I don't know... should I spend $140 and get a regular xbox or just go for it now and get the 360? $500 seems like it is a pretty good deal considering it is usually $400 + tax is around $430 so I am paying like $70 extra and from talking to people at the retail outlets around me it will be until after march that I will be able to get the premium without camping out or some bs.

anyways if you have an xbox 360 or have some personal experience let me know what you think. Thanks.

I'm really happy with mine too and if $70 difference isn't a big deal to you and you like at least one or two Xbox 360 specific games (besides Halo 2 since you can just buy an Xbox 1 for like $100 now) then definitely get it, it will be still a few months until it's widely available in stores. Also, why not try to bargain the price a few dollars, you never know, you might be able to knock off $25 or $30 that you can put towards a new game. I'd also recommend it if you enjoy playing online a lot since it's online capabilities are unparalleled, Xbox Live Arcade is a lot of fun. If you do buy it, I highly recommend getting Call of Duty 2, I love that game! :woot:

cool.... yeah I think I will use some of those media center features too.... i'm excited :)

I'm really happy with mine too and if $70 difference isn't a big deal to you and you like at least one or two Xbox 360 specific games (besides Halo 2 since you can just buy an Xbox 1 for like $100 now) then definitely get it, it will be still a few months until it's widely available in stores. Also, why not try to bargain the price a few dollars, you never know, you might be able to knock off $25 or $30 that you can put towards a new game. I'd also recommend it if you enjoy playing online a lot since it's online capabilities are unparalleled, Xbox Live Arcade is a lot of fun. If you do buy it, I highly recommend getting Call of Duty 2, I love that game! :woot:

yeah, he wanted $525 and he wanted me to go to his house to pick it up... i got it for $500 delivered so... :)

i would just say buy it at a real store yourself. they've had them at circuit cities and costcos the past weekend. i just feel safer that way. but yeah, the system is worth it.

I just bought mine this afternoon and I got to say that it is sooo nice!!!

I love the compatibility with my iRiver H10 :D

EDIT

lol, I mean yesterday in the afternoon

I'd wait until you see it in a store, save yourself a $100, I've started seeing them sitting on shelves in stores, I was at two different Walmarts and the first had 3 Core systems sitting there and the second had 5 Premium systems, employees at both stores said they'd had them for 3 days. Look at it this way, for the price you are going to pay just for the system, you can wait and buy the system and a game and probably still have enough for dinner.

i absolutely love mine! i mean i completly burned out all my games i bought with it PGR3, Kameo, Perfect Dark etc. but even then when i had had enough of them for a bit i switched to the Arcade- oh dear god trust me if you get addicted to the Arcade you will never be off your 360... especially with Geometry Wars! :woot: lol well that's my opinion anyway- worth every single penny/cent :)

I'd get it from a store too, just safer and you know what you're getting.

It is a good console despite what some people say, alot people will say wait for PS3 but why wait when none of us actually know when it'll be released. If you like playing online the console is worth it alone just to experience the awesome Live service.

id rather have 2x7800gt and an ASUS SLI mobo. :)

dont forget the $200 PSU $200 ram and $400 CPU needed to keep up with them.

PC gaming is cool, but you cannot beat the 360 for its gaming power bank for buck compared to a PC, or anythign else out there tbh.

Hmmm... judging from the people saying they just recently bought them in stores, I'd say just get it at a store. I didn't realize the shipments have started to catch up to the demand just yet. So yea, definitely just pick it up at a store when you can and save yourself $100 $70 (tax :p). :)

id rather have 2x7800gt and an ASUS SLI mobo. :)

This is why I quit trying to keep up with PC gaming and settle with 360 and PS3 (when it's out), I can't afford the latest hardware and to keep replacing it every few months to get the most out of my games. Least this way when PC games overtake consoles the consoles will be being pushed harder. I would love to play the upcoming PC games too though, but tough sh*t for me.

Even though I love it, I would say theres no killer app out yet. I would have been just happy to wait until Gears of War comes out... I just happened to be at a Best Buy when they got more in and bought some up...

The killer app may be coming sooner then you think friend ^_^. Ghost Recon 3: Advanced Warfighter and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion are coming out in March ;). (Though I don't know if Elder Scrolls is absolutely confirmed yet).

ummm i got the 360 for a friend but im keeping it :) but there arent that many games that interest me or show too much next gen but i would hope it would get better...but online is the best thing that has happened to me :) i wouid recommend it, but i would also wait till E3 :shifty:

and DO NOT get PDZ! it looks good but gameplay is crap..except online :pinch:

If you've got the money and you're willing to spend it, get it. I didn't see any reason to, but my best friend grabbed one at the Circuit City we work at because we got a random shipment one day. It is a great system, and even though there aren't too many games for it yet, there are several that are very fun and have a lot of replay value. Besides, there's more on the way.

the 360 is the coolest hardware i have ever used. the online integration, menus, ipod functionality, and controller are awesome. the games are pretty good and will get better. right now, i really enjoy amped 3, condemned, call of duty 2, pgr3 and madden. and of course you'll want it when Halo comes out.