• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

New PowerMac and eMac features

AshUK    9

Just noticed that the New PowerMac and eMac have v92 modems since their upgrade this week.

Well it seems that the other products (ie iMac) still have v90 modems.

sparkleytone    0

nice avatar...

does anyone with broadband have any actual use for a modem with their macs other than a nice backup to have??

when pricing a tower, I usually take out the modem since it wont be portable like my iBook. any reason why this would be a bad idea??

cerbero    0

Also the eMac has a combo drive. I bought the CD-RW one a week before the new introductions for the same price. Lost like $100 there :disappoin:mad:

AshUK    9
Originally posted by cerbero

Also the eMac has a combo drive. I bought the CD-RW one a week before the new introductions for the same price. Lost like $100 there :disappoin:mad:

We know this from previous posts, the eMac has had a combo drive since 17th July buy they upgraded it to a Superdrive on Tuesday

[LOF]skinnylegs    0

I have a broadband connection but I use my internal modem for faxing.

Gator    0
Originally posted by cerbero

You mean a Super Drive right? A Super drive burnds both CDs and DVDs. I'm hoping you have the Combo Drive, CD-RW/DVD.

cerbero    0
Originally posted by GatorZx2

You mean a Super Drive right? A Super drive burnds both CDs and DVDs. I'm hoping you have the Combo Drive, CD-RW/DVD.

No I mean a combo drive. A DVD player/CD burner. It seems it is now the standard optical unit for the lower-end eMac. Check the Apple Store. Mine came with just the plain CD-RW unit. It burns CD-R in 24x, but I would rather have had a DVD player for that price too :ermm: