What Xbox Controller(s) Do You Own/Use?

16 members have voted

1. 1. What Xbox Controller(s) Do You Own/Use?

• Microsoft Xbox Controller
    • Microsoft Xbox Controller S
    • Both Microsoft Controller Models
    • Another Controller (please post what one)

well i use the original one on most games but i use the s controller for halo, just makes it faster for me when playing online

on a side note ;) xBoX rules :p

Originally posted by werejag

the original xbox controler here but....

i have no xbox!!!! it runs on my desktop!!

Even if you are telling the truth, which I doubt, why would you wan to do that? Console games on your PC monitor? And how would you be able to connect the XBOX controllers to your comper? I smell BS.

Anyway, I use the Controller S. My hands are relatively small. I never had any problems with the original controllers, they're great, they're my fav. controllers, but the Controller S is just a little easier for me to wrap my hands around. :ninja:

[edit]does anyone know why the hell it is called the controller "S"???[/edit]

the original xbox controler here but....

i have no xbox!!!! it runs on my desktop!!

well my xbox 2 puts me IN THE GAME!

Originally posted by CrimsonBlur

Even if you are telling the truth, which I doubt, why would you wan to do that? Console games on your PC monitor? And how would you be able to connect the XBOX controllers to your comper? I smell BS

[edit]does anyone know why the hell it is called the controller "S"???[/edit]

You can hook the dreamcast up to your moniter... same with xbox, there is a vga box for it

THere is an alpha driver for the xbox controller that allows you to hook it up through usb because, well, the xbox controller and the ports on the xbox ARE usb.

i belive its called controller "s" because of small maybe.. not sure..

oh btw.. i have two regulars and i have tried an interact one, a madcatz one, and a controller s.. i like the regular one better.. i dont know why but i just do

Originally posted by vraa

You can hook the dreamcast up to your moniter... same with xbox, there is a vga box for it

THere is an alpha driver for the xbox controller that allows you to hook it up through usb because, well, the xbox controller and the ports on the xbox ARE usb.

i belive its called controller "s" because of small maybe.. not sure..

oh btw.. i have two regulars and i have tried an interact one, a madcatz one, and a controller s.. i like the regular one better.. i dont know why but i just do

He didn't just say "on my computer monitor" he said "on my desktop" aka while he's running Windows (or any other OS, I guess). And I think running your console on such a small screen defeats the purpose of a console system. The VGA unit is seperate and doesn't come with the system for a reason. The USB for the XBOX is highly modified, because of the increased power requirements of the rumble feature and other things designed to get power from the controller ports, USB 1.0 specs don't run enough power. I don't see how your controllers would work properly connecting them to a standard USB hub... :ermm:

confusing YES!

i see it now though he isn't playing xbox on the computer just using the controller. pretty cool idea but dont want to waste 30 :s might try it when xbox goes :( in a few years

emulation?

i was talking about using the xbox controler for a gamepad on ut2k3

You were talking about just using the CONTROLLER on your computer?? Why would you say it "runs on my desktop"?? Haha, would you say your mouse "runs on your deskop"? I don't think so, unless you were talking about it moving across your desk... Haha, ok, then we totally misunderstood you. I thought you were talking about running an XBOX emulator on your computer AND using the conroller on your computer! Does the rumble feature work for you while connecting it to you computer using the driver you have? I guess you wouldn't NEED to be able to use the extra power throughupt for other things connected to th controller ports on the PC then...

Originally posted by xEonBuRn

HAH, yeah.... I think you have to understand the process of how USB devices work... there are these things called drivers that control that... which right now are being developed by private people. By no means have the bugs been worked out but they are damn good.

You should research what people say before you flame them, instead of speaking out of your ass.

I didn't flame anyone. Maybe YOU should read my other posts.

[edit]what the? Is the post I quoted here actually gone now, or is it just my computer? That is way weird! -- oh, silly me, I didn't even know you could completely delete your own posts, hehe. I guess that's what he did :s[/edit]:

Originally posted by CrimsonBlur

You were talking about just using the CONTROLLER on your computer?? Why would you say it "runs on my desktop"?? Haha, would you say your mouse "runs on your deskop"? I don't think so, unless you were talking about it moving across your desk... Haha, ok, then we totally misunderstood you. I thought you were talking about running an XBOX emulator on your computer AND using the conroller on your computer! Does the rumble feature work for you while connecting it to you computer using the driver you have? I guess you wouldn't NEED to be able to use the extra power throughupt for other things connected to th controller ports on the PC then...

CrimsonBlur,

what was the topic??

hint" What Xbox Controller(s) Do You Own/Use?"

did it say anything about an emulator? or using it on a xbox?

as for running "runs on my desktop"!! mine like everyone else's mouse runs on their desktop. its part of the gui expreince."point and click. ever hear of that??

i understand that my post had little extra infomation. i apoligize for that! i did get the reaction i wanted! people thinking about modifying their xbox controlers for the pc!

again im sorry you became the unsussecting messenger , CrimsonBlur

werejag