DS Lite colors announced

I look forward to this. I almost bought the original DS. Good thing I waited. I want a blue one.

As long as its smaller that the ODS and has a brighter screen (like the new SP, micro) then I will be very happy.

Here is the DS IGN Article:

DS Lite Colors Revealed

Nintendo shows the colors and reveals what's in the package for the Japanese version.

by Anoop Gantayat

February 10, 2006 - When Nintendo first announced the DS Lite a couple of weeks back, it revealed that the system would be released to Japan in three colors, without going into specifics. Today, the company announced the final color set and shared details on the system's packaging.

DS Lite will, as promised, ship in three color variations on March 2: Crystal White, Ice Blue and Enamel Navy. Each system comes bundled with two touch pens of the same color as the hardware, a strap and an AC adapter with a 1.9 meter cord length. Also included is a GBA connector cover, also the same color as the system, which is used to cover the GBA connection slot when it's not in use.

ds-lite-colors-revealed-20060210095412976.jpg

ICE BLUE

ds-lite-colors-revealed-20060210095412632.jpg

ENAMEL NAVY

ds-lite-colors-revealed-20060210095412195.jpg

CRYSTAL WHITE

There are a few differences in these accessories from their standard DS counterpart. The included touch pen is 1mm thicker and 1cm longer than the original DS pen. As revealed earlier this week, the pen slides into the system horizontally now. The AC adapter is different from past AC adapters and will not work with the standard DS or the Game Boy Micro.

As for that cartridge slot cover, the original DS didn't include a such a device, most likely because Nintendo assumed owners would keep a GBA cartridge plugged into the system at all times. Sadly, with the new redesign, GBA cartridges stick out about a centimeter from the system when inserted, so when you're not playing a GBA game, you'll probably want to use the cover.

Nintendo has also shared final specifications for the DS Lite, including comparisons to the original DS. Here's a look at how things stack up:

PRODUCT NUMBER

DS Lite: USG-001

DS: NTR-001

SIZES WHEN FOLDED

DS Lite: 73.9 x 133.0 x 21.5 mm

DS: 84.7 x 148.7 x 38.9 mm

WEIGHT

DS Lite: 218g

DS: 275g

TOUCH PEN SIZE

DS Lite: 87.5mm x 4.9mm

DS: 75mm x 4.0mm

SCREENS

The DS Lite and DS screens have the same sizes, but the Lite's screen can be adjusted to four levels of brightness.

BATTERY

For the DS, play time was listed as 6 to 10 hours depending on the software, with a full charge taking 4 hours. For the DS Lite, the play time depends on the brightness setting: lowest level (15 to 19 hours), low level (10 to 15 hours), high level (7 to 11 hours) and highest level (5 to 8 hours). A full charge for the DS Lite takes just three hours.

We've uploaded a bunch of pictures of the system from a number of angles. View these pics to get a little closer to the DS Lite before it launches in Japan on 3/2.

Source: http://ds.ign.com/articles/687/687783p1.html

Man I can't wait to get one! I like the navy and white ones :) :D Anyone know when we will be able to pre-order a DSL here in the USA?

I like em! I want to get one when it comes out! :D

[OT]dude, can your sig get any bigger?[OT]

i want the navy or white one...when do they go on sale in the US?

(i thought the navy was black at first)

I can't believe people are as stupid to believe it is actually black, WFT is wrong with you people :o

I know, even after it was established several times already that it was Navy, people still kept calling it Black. :huh: