• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

My Free Image Hosting Site

Question

wprigjoigj3i40jhgi0435ejh    0

A while back I was looking for an image hosting website. One that was simple, easy and gimmick free. I was very hard pressed to find one. So, I decided to create one. Over the next couple weeks I'll probably change a few things here and there.

http://www.upitfree.com

Upitfree.com is simple, easy and FAST. Upitfree.com is 100% free and you don't have to sign up. It's completely anonymous. The file size limit is 3mb. If thats not enough, I may up it in the future. You will also receive all the HTML and BBCODE that you need to post your pictures online. Upitfree.com will even thumbnail your pictures for you!

Feel free to use it as you wish for sharing your pictures and images. Works great for avatars, sigs, family pictures, eBay, For Sale Posts, you name it!

Edit: Please keep in mind when we transition over to the new site, there is a good chance any uploaded images will be lost. This will be a one time thing. Thank you for understanding.

Edited by voidunknown

Kreuger    107

That's pretty cool 'cause it's ad free :)

Cyco    0

43.jpeg

Seems to work OK.

If you take a google approach and keep it really simple on the mainpage with just one graphic to separate yourself from the rest, then you could be onto something. Still need alot of work from where it is now but it's new so that's a given.

Edit: I just reported my own car (just wanted to see where the link took me), it should really take you to a page where it outlines possible reasons for reporting and what process a reported picture goes through, and a quick "Are you sure?" type thing.

Also, if someone is feeling generous, I could use a nice banner logo for the page header. I am no good with graphics. I would appreciate it!

jerry    0

Also, if someone is feeling generous, I could use a nice banner logo for the page header. I am no good with graphics. I would appreciate it!

Try NeoRequest. :)

I've tried it before, and nobody evn offered to help me out. Thanks though.

tony-inpo    1

Nice one, I needed one of these last week, I'll be sure to put it to good use

I had a little problem with the site and didn't know about it. Damn those .htaccess files. Anyways, its fixed now.

Edit: I just reported my own car (just wanted to see where the link took me), it should really take you to a page where it outlines possible reasons for reporting and what process a reported picture goes through, and a quick "Are you sure?" type thing.

This is a great idea! I'll be sure to incorperate that into the site! I'm always open to ideas and suggestions.

Cyco    0

http://www.lowspirit.org/Pictures/somename.jpg

Somethings here defeats the whole "keep it easy" purpose but it's no fun to do otherwise, been awhile since I made designs like this so it's crude but elements of it could be used. Good luck with the site.

Von_Beard    0

quite a nice little service thanks if u still need a banner pm me

http://www.lowspirit.org/Pictures/somename.jpg

Somethings here defeats the whole "keep it easy" purpose but it's no fun to do otherwise, been awhile since I made designs like this so it's crude but elements of it could be used. Good luck with the site.

I like your ideas. I'll definately keep that in mind. I'm not sure I like the upload button off to the side like that, but I'll see what I can do with it. Thanks for the ideas!!! I like the banner. Something like that would be perfect. Can you send me the PSD?

quite a nice little service thanks if u still need a banner pm me

PM sent

Also, I'm thinking of changing the domain name to something more practicaly. I'll keep you posted.

Ok, I changed the domain of the website to something more practical and easier to remember. The new site is:

http://www.upitfree.com

Somehow, by accident I erased all the uploads when I moved them over to the new domain. It won't happen again, sorry guys. Please re-upload.

NienorGT    18

I can try to do a banner if you want...

Just to PM me...

PM sent. Thanks!

Well, I made a new layout this morning. Took Cyco's idea and ran with it. I made a few changes though. Let me know what you guys think. I'm no graphic artist, so this is pretty good for me. :D The PHP coding easy the easy part to me.

Cyco    0

11.jpeg

Fast and no fuss, please don't change url again though.

Tried the report link again, sorry, I just couldn't resist...

fuBar.    0

self explanitory...

:D

14.jpeg

I like how it has a forum bbcode feature and it image resizes well on the forum post, good job!

I signed up with AdBrite, and they screwed something up. They decided to put 5 ads on my site when I only wanted 3. So now there are too many ads. LOL. I just notified them and they should change it soon. Hopefully... Once Google approves me, I'll stick an adsense add in the footer and thats all the adds you will see.

I have some ideas in mind. Please feel free to contribute any others you have. I'll be working on a progress bar for uploads and a few other things over the next few weeks.

Any    0

What damn nice idea...

was getting tired of imageshack... gonna start using yours!!!

Ok, I took Cyco's idea and reworked the reporting process. Now when you report an image, you are taken to a page where you can give a reason why you are reporting it. Then you are taken to a thank you page to let you know if it was successful or not.

Any other suggestions are welcome. I really want to make this a community project with something everybody wants.

So, check out the reporting function and let me know what you guys think and if it does, or does not work for you.

THANKS!

File size limit upped to 3mb!

smctainsh    2

This looks awesome! I will have to try it out some time. :)

Smctainsh

smoove    0

Nice one, glad to see more people making image hosts :p

Yours is pretty good too. Hopefully, soon I'll have a more professional layout. :)

-ben    0

I like it, it's nice and simple, adfree is always good. I would reccomend a new layout though, something a little more nicer and attractive, heh.

Bobby Nickton    0

Nice; clean, simple, and user-friendly. Keep up the good work ;)