Windows Defender Beta 2 now available

That's what happens when you hire too many Indian developers... They placed "Exit Windows Defender" menu item under the Help menu. They must be on crack or something...

That's what happens when you hire too many Indian developers... They placed "Exit Windows Defender" menu item under the Help menu. They must be on crack or something...

haha... I mean, not funny at all :shifty: .... anyway... nice update, I've already noticed a couple bugs though, and I have to agree about the icon, needs work.

Mine keeps telling me that the definitions haven't been updated in 19 days... it checks and it says that there are no updates... but the alert is still there... go away damnit!

I've been unable to get mine to update the definitions with error 0x8024402c. Has anyone else got theirs to work?

Just updated mine without any errors...

The castle icon will only show up in the tray if an action is needed. Try installing Kazaa as a way to test out WD.

Currently WD is using about 29MB of memory on my machine... I hope they can trim it down. Windows Defender must also be written in C/C++ because it does not use the Visual Basic 6 VM like MSAS Beta 1, nor does it seem to use the .Net frameworks 1.0/1.1 or 2.0, according my research.

Edited by jimbo11883

They got this out just in time, for me at least - I was going to uninstall it tomorrow unless there was some very good reason to keep it. Seems that reasons just arrived. :)

The castle icon will only show up in the tray if an action is needed. Try installing Kazaa as a way to test out WD.

Thanks for clarifying that. I was kinda worried I wouldn't know when/if it was actually running

Edited by family guy

"This software requires GDI+. Please load the Windows 2000 Security Software PreRequisite Pack."

I can't install it on Windows 2000. What the hell is the Windows 2000 Security Software PreRequisite Pack?

"This software requires GDI+. Please load the Windows 2000 Security Software PreRequisite Pack."

I can't install it on Windows 2000. What the hell is the Windows 2000 Security Software PreRequisite Pack?

Are you running SP4? Run Windows Update.