Gateway FPD2185W Review

Anywhere know where i can pick one of these up in the UK ? looking about getting one, they support everything i want, it looks good and it also spins horizontally ?

Anywho ? a quick google search came up with Comet, but the Link was dead.. im sure i've seen these in staples as well, but cant be sure.

I would be after the 22" version as well.

• 1 month later...

Just got one of these bad boys, one of the best monitors i've come across for a while...

about the 1080p thing... i can confirm it does infact support 1080p, with the x360, but i've only managed to get 1080p via VGA, tried component and the screen has a little dicky fit... 1080i seems to work fine via component but the whole thing is a little dark, and changing the colours don't seem to have much effect..

Anyway, Gears of war looks absolutely amazing on this thing.

In windows, i tried to put the display in 1080p, but it does that gay screen scroll thing where your mouse moves to the extra space that should be there, this is after trying to force the GFX card to output to 1080p.

Anyway, i can conclude from having this monitor for a day that it does support 1080p via VGA, not too sure on the component input...

heres some pics to back my findings up..

dsc00039yq2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody with a PS3 tried connecting to this monitor via component? I've been looking at monitors that can do at least 1080i (i want to watch some blu ray movies damnit lol), and at first I glanced over the gateway, but after doing a little bit more research....I'm really starting to like it (I'd probably get the fpd2275w instead of the 2185 as in this thread).

I've found in another forum that somebody with the Gateway 19" Hd monitor (I think the fpd19somethingW 1975w?) hooked up their PS3 via HDMI -> DVI connection and was able to get 1080p. He took shots of it himself and indeed it did say current output was at 1080p, so I was thinking that maybe all of these Gateway HD line of monitors are able to display 1080p (even if they don't officially support it besides the 24").

I was planning to use the gateway as part of my PC system as well though so DVI would be in use by my PC, and I was wondering if anybody has a PS3 and has it hooked up via component if it will happen to display 1080p as well, or 1080i max (as the monitor is listed to support).

Has anybody with a PS3 tried connecting to this monitor via component? I've been looking at monitors that can do at least 1080i (i want to watch some blu ray movies damnit lol), and at first I glanced over the gateway, but after doing a little bit more research....I'm really starting to like it (I'd probably get the fpd2275w instead of the 2185 as in this thread).

I've found in another forum that somebody with the Gateway 19" Hd monitor (I think the fpd19somethingW 1975w?) hooked up their PS3 via HDMI -> DVI connection and was able to get 1080p. He took shots of it himself and indeed it did say current output was at 1080p, so I was thinking that maybe all of these Gateway HD line of monitors are able to display 1080p (even if they don't officially support it besides the 24").

I was planning to use the gateway as part of my PC system as well though so DVI would be in use by my PC, and I was wondering if anybody has a PS3 and has it hooked up via component if it will happen to display 1080p as well, or 1080i max (as the monitor is listed to support).

well through component, my 360 outputs something the monitor doesn't like, because the colours are a bit skew wif, and the picture isn't that good.

could be different with the PS3 though, because i'm sure the 360 doesn't know what its outputting for the biggest percentage of the time.

Hmm I just went to some retail stores to play with the FPD2275W monitor, and decided to check out the product walkthrough (press the menu button for 3 seconds). Under the HD topic, it says that the 2275 is capable of up to 1080p via component or dvi. Weird since gateway's site only lists up to 1080i.

Not sure about the 2185, maybe you can check to see if it says anything about that? The 21 and 22 seem similar enough though. I think I've made my decision to go with the 2275 though now I just need to find a good deal on it!

well through component, my 360 outputs something the monitor doesn't like, because the colours are a bit skew wif, and the picture isn't that good.

could be different with the PS3 though, because i'm sure the 360 doesn't know what its outputting for the biggest percentage of the time.

What is the response time of your monitor? Is there any ghosting with the 360?

I'm curious because I'm thinking of getting a 2407WFP, which has a 16ms response.

Any pictures of the 360 on the monitor would be great!

What is the response time of your monitor? Is there any ghosting with the 360?

I'm curious because I'm thinking of getting a 2407WFP, which has a 16ms response.

Any pictures of the 360 on the monitor would be great!

monitor is 8ms response time, don't think its too bad tbh.

no ghosting noticeable.

sorry for the shoddy pictures, i just snapped a quick one of VT3 in 1080p.

dsc00071pg5.jpg