NintendoDS Press Conference Announcements

The Teej

This is awesome :) ...at first I didn't think much of the DS, I was more interested in the PSP :blush: ...but when I found out about how it's battery life isn't that good and well most of it's games suck...I've been checking out the DS, while the PSP does has the very nice widescreen display and better graphics...but with the announcement of the DS Lite (and all the other goodies) and all these damn good games on it, I'm sold :) soon as the DS Lite is (hopefully) released in Au I'm getting one :) I just gotta hand it to Nintendo they sure know how to make a handheld rock :yes:

The PSP tried to take on Nintendo. Nintendo went all out and they took it to Sony Back. They want to prove they're the king of the handheld scene. period.

On the lowest light setting on the NDS; It'll have anything from 16-19 hours of play. The lowest setting will more then likely be the same brightness as the NDS screen -- Which IMO is fine; it'll still be sharper then the Nintendo DS original's screens anyway.

Nintendo's first of all defeated the PSP in Nintendo's ball park - the games. NOW Nintendo's going after Sony in their ballpark - multimedia.

The PSP tried to take on Nintendo. Nintendo went all out and they took it to Sony Back. They want to prove they're the king of the handheld scene. period.

On the lowest light setting on the NDS; It'll have anything from 16-19 hours of play. The lowest setting will more then likely be the same brightness as the NDS screen -- Which IMO is fine; it'll still be sharper then the Nintendo DS original's screens anyway.

Nintendo's first of all defeated the PSP in Nintendo's ball park - the games. NOW Nintendo's going after Sony in their ballpark - multimedia.

The PSP isn't even a good multimedia machine, mostly due to lack of storage, short of streaming audio/videos, the actual usuability of the PSP as an MP3/video player is limited, that's what my 5g ipod is for. Web browsing on anything other than a real computer becomes a gimmick after awhile - tried it with my PSP, my phone, and my PDA, handy for quick browsing, but not useful enough for extended periods of time. As for battery life, yeah, the PSP could be better, but it kills my wrists after awhile too, I can't see myself using it for more than a 1-2 hours at a time. Getting 5-6 hours isn't too bad, that's about what I get out of my PDA too.

Only thing I actually like about the PSP's web browser is that it's landsacape, most sites don't seem to suited to portrait browsing. The Opera browser for the DS reminds me of the Thunderhawk browser/service for PPC's.

What really cracks me up however (besides the lack of quality games for the PSP), is that even though Nintendo came out with WiFi supported games after Sony, it seems like they have more infrastructure games than Sony, Sony is dropping the ball there too.

The Teej

At the sake of being told off, I'd say that Sony is pretty much dropping the ball period with the PSP. They haven't even released Firmware 3.0 yet! :rofl:

Septimus

Going to get a DS Lite for Mana, but I think the browser is too limited by the crap resolution screen, and yes I know about the Opera screen resizing/scaling. Stick to my 640x480 phone. Shame the PSP screen is great for browsing, but the controls suck for navigating.

Ji@nBing

Just a little more info about the Opera browser. It will come with a RAM cart similar to what was used in the N64 that will go in the GBA slot. No word yet on if this will be used for games for an extra RAM boost as well.