Grandia III

Well, I had bought it right after you did so didn't bother hurrying to reply back since you already picked it up, and besides I wanted to get to the second disc since that's supposedly where it starts sucking.

I don't know why they bash the story so much, it never stops. I'm like right at the very end, and unless the game just goes on after the end battle, the stories been there the whole step of the way. Granted you might like some of the earlier characters as opposed to the end ones but I digress, it's not like there's no reason for it or you don't know what your porpose is. So I think it's still pretty good. Not the best story, it's not on par with say FF VII's story or anything but I found the story more engaging than Dragon Quest VIII's and the battle system more fun as well. I'm not sure if it's better than DQ VIII, DQ VII has so much more to do, but I fail to see how DG VIII can get rave reviews and then this get so-so, when everything about Grandia is better except for the length.

Alright that said, I do love the combat. This is my first Grandia game so I was kinda playing as a normal RPG but that doesn't seem to really work. I got to one boss who was mopping the floor with me, and it's not that I wasn't leveled enough and had to go levelling, I just wasn't fighting him right. I liked that. My roommate saw me getting my *** handed to me and figured that's lame I hate it when you have to level. Later I finally beat him and I was like, "well I was the right level just wasn't fighting right." The timing and combos took me a while to get used to with a few of the characters but once I decided on the rols from that point on I've been doing pretty good.

The game is very linear. I'm not sure if that's good or bad to be honest. On one hand there's not as much freedom as I like but on the other it keeps the game rolling allong. It IS pretty annoying to be able to fly around and not land at some of the places on the map but I digress.

I actually like most of the characters, Miranda was the ****. Yuki isn't that bad of a hero either. It's a pretty fun cast of characters. I liked the scenes where you're eating or chilling around a camp fire and get to have a conversation, thought that added alot to the characters. The worst character is probably Alfina but even she's alright. "Spread your wings" is probably said way too much in the game but it doesn't really hurt it.

All in all I'd say it's a pretty strong RPG.

I picked it up last week but to be honest i havent even had a chance to play it yet... I turned it on watched ther Intro then had to go out - so missed it basically... plus my friends were over going "omg zzzz" etc... but i loved Grandia II... so... III can't be worse... can it? :D

The beginning was the worst part IMO. I hated the opening sequence, but nothing that corny has shown up since so I'm happy.

I don't know how it compares to part two however, I'll probably work my way backwards and pick 2 up next month at work. Too many games though like Onimusha and MGS3:S I have to get first.

Here's hoping! (the intro is the corniest)

I'll try give it a crack over thw eekend... im feeling little ill today so I can lie in bed and play it :)

The intro had the worst techno/pop song EVER. It made my ears bleed. Nevertheless I am playing the game and enjoying it. I really want to beat it before Kingdom Hearts II comes out though. Since the game doesn't have any sidequests or anything besides the main quest, I don't think I will play through it more than once.