Nikon D50, Ipod + Camera connector

I'm browsing the Apple store today and came across the camera connector. Does anyone know how well it works? I read a ton of the reviews on Apple's site and this little device seems to either work, or it doesn't. It seems to depend greatly on the model of the camera. So, I'm hoping that one of you might have this setup and could give me a recommendation on the functionality of this little kit. Basically, I think it's a superb idea in that I could leave my laptop behind and offload my photos directly to a 30GB+ Ipod. Cost-wise it's more practical than 30, 1GB SD cards(although I don't think I could fill that many up on one shoot), plus it gives me a better reason to actually buy a larger Ipod since I couldn't justify the cost in using it strictly for a music device.

What do you think??

ohh I dunno, I've nbever tried it. But I can tell you that I put all my Nikon DSLR pictures in my HDD. Then with itune, I sync my digital picture folder in my ipod video :yes:

Why not go with a DAP that has USB-OTG built in?

Sorry, but buying an average DAP and an adapter that might or might not work with the D50 is rather dumb... unless you MUST have something made by Apple.

I had also thought about that. I'm not locked to the idea of using Apple, it's just that they have about a million iAccessories for it......yeah, bad joke. Anyway, it'd just be a nice way to kill 2-3 birds with an Ipod and a $30 addon.

Any more ideas??? ;) Anyone? Bueller?

the only reason why I use the ipod video is because I wanted to buy a music media to play in my car, then the video had the place where I could sync my DSLR pictures. This is a nice backup to have and a nice screen to show pictures to family and other ppl

From what I have read about the camera connector it is a lie thats its USB 2.0. It takes forever to transfer half a gig and it drain the battery from what I heard. Read the reviews found on google!

I was thinking of using this to store my photos when I filled up my 2gb CF but it seems its toooo tooo slow.

Well, that idea is now busted... I went down to my local Mac shop and asked them if I could try it out. It does work. However, as pointed out earlier, it's terribly slow. I mean like "grandmother with a busted hip, a broken walker, and missing a leg", slow.

So now my question stands- Is there a "no PC" solution out there? We're heading to Italy in September and I'd rather not lug my laptop across the pond. If I want to blog anything, that can be done via Internet caf?, or even through my cell. I really have no reason to bring it other than clearing out space on my memory card. And please, no suggestions of buying more memory cards. For the price of a about three more 1GB Sandisk Ultra II SD cards, I could get some other kind of device that has 20-30 times the space. I'm going for price practicality and portability.

well I don't know if it is out there but are there no portable HD's with USB on-the-go?

My best advice would be more SD cards though ^^; or maybe shoot stuff at a lower resolution if you're not going to print/edit it.