DS Lite

Bubble Wrap

Well I just had a b-day and got wicked best buy gift cards (extended family has no idea what to buy me, so I gt these :p ) and i want to get a DS, but I just heard about the DS lite that is comming (going?) to japan on March 12. Qustion I have is should I wait for the lite to be released in the US? How long does a consol normally take to make it to the US from japan (released, not shipped ;) )

Marduk

Hard to say on this one, maybe they'll keep the DS lite on hold til the next HUGE game is released.

Bubble Wrap

that's what I am worried about, and I dont want to be selling 2-6 month old 130$ DS on ebay for 25$ to get the lite.

Admodieus

Well, with the Game Boy Advance SP, it was released in Japan on February 14, 2003, then in the US on March 23, 2003, then in Europe on March 28, 2003. I'd say you could expect the DS Lite to come to America before the summer, and perhaps Europe before/during the summer.

TmasterT

i would definantly hold on till the DS lite comes out. possible going to be packaged with taht new mario game.

Danrarbc

The Lite is coming out the 2nd in Japan, actually ;)

The DS came out in the US before Japan, by about a month. It won't be too long before the Lite hits the US, but so far there's no real indication of when.

dt

My guess would be around May.. maybe E3-ish. Some new games would probably be displayed there (i.e., "New Super Mario Bros.") and the DS Lite could be showcased as well :)

Bubble Wrap

would a lite imported from japan play US games?

iller

Nintendo DS is does not have regions so you can buy games and the console wherever you want.

Tungsten T

I would defintily wait on the DS Lite. The current DS is big and bulky as hell but the DS lite is small and mad sexy.

Bubble Wrap

Nintendo DS is does not have regions so you can buy games and the console wherever you want.

coolio! sounds like i'll be getting an import then. koo koo kachu!

esco

couldn't wait.....just ordered from play-asia :blush:

The Teej

My guess would be around May.. maybe E3-ish. Some new games would probably be displayed there (i.e., "New Super Mario Bros.") and the DS Lite could be showcased as well :)

Nintendo has gone on record to state that the DS Lite will not be shown at E3.