Neowin "unpopular and slap-worthy"

I just don't see Neowin as being important enough to write anything about... unless you have a beef or grudge. I have been here a while and never thought, I need to write something about Neowin because everyone on the internet gives a crap about that.

loads of us think Neowin is the biggest pile of crap ever because of stupid fan boys and they way they think they create software when its mostly the worst junk out there, autopatcher should be somewhere so much better than there. Im still a member for the few people that don't arse lick then post it.

TheJenks

what a jacka$$.

probably a guy that got his a$$ banned for being an annoyance.. :rofl:

What a "Cox" muncher. Who does he think he is. Guys I have an idea! Lets wait for him to buy a domain or something and make a site thats better than Neowin!!!!! Oh wait, he can't....

Well for such people obviously this is not the place.

From my perspective there were some problems and slowdowns after the server move. But those were sorted out in a week or so and since then the site has been way way faster than before. On the old servers there were often times where the site would simply time out. Now this happens perhaps once a week and that's a "if".

And about being unpopular.. I think looking at the online list is enough to make him look dumb for saying that.

eh? what the heck? i don't think its unpopular and slap worthy either? if its unpopular, then i would have left because the neowinian community ain't as big as before. Oh well lets ignore this and get back to what we were doing :)

The problem with it being so is that - Most servers aren't designed to cope with 2000+ users at a time.

And a forum isn't the easiest piece of software to run - lots of SQL queries (most of time, getting amounts of data from the DB) and then having to render the pages. Not easy.

Well the forum software is already coded (IPB) its just up to you to optimize it. Running the servers are another issue, and there is a lot of 14/15 year old a**holes around here, look at the jokes section. More flaming than slashdot.

Well the forum software is already coded (IPB) its just up to you to optimize it. Running the servers are another issue, and there is a lot of 14/15 year old a**holes around here, look at the jokes section. More flaming than slashdot.

I see that you just turned 100 years old. Congratulations.

Hm unpopular? i dont think so, this Website has helped us all in many ways, friendly people, friendly advice and very useful information at neally every second, tell me if that is unpopular.

Check out the comment by "someguy007" at the end of the page

http://digg.com/technology/Neowin_back_up

Awesome!

:yes:

neowin is one of the best tech sites around your just sour about it because u were banned From The Neowin forums

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showuser=89844

He was from the looks of it, very rude to the MOD's about the site change, demanding to know when the change was going to happen and almost questioning their authority etc.

He is just a 16 year old kid wih no common sense.

The site runs faster than it ever did before now, sure there were problems at the begginging, but staff have worked overtime to get this sorted. I for one think it has been a fantastic move, even with the downtime its been well worth it for me, no server busy messages, no crashes, all perfect.

Ditto. (Nothing else to say, he said it for me.)

• 3 weeks later...

I see that you just turned 100 years old. Congratulations.

:rofl:

and there is a lot of 14/15 year old a**holes around here, look at the jokes section. More flaming than slashdot.

Unless you change your DOB to your real one I have enough proof to believe you're younger than those '14/15 year old a**holes'.

Hey, im 15 and i aint in the jokes section lol, we 14/15 year olds arent all the same you see lol. :)